Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to the 307cc and this forum, hopefully some of you knowledgeable folks could help please.

I had a problem with my roof sticking but have managed to sort it today fingers crossed...

But I decided to check over the car (which i know i should have been more thorough before buying) and noticed the wheel locking key is missing and so is the wheel brace. Not sure what to do...

Thanks in advance for any help

Alex :)

·
Registered
687 Posts
Hi all, new to the 307cc and this forum, hopefully some of you knowledgeable folks could help please.

I had a problem with my roof sticking but have managed to sort it today fingers crossed...

But I decided to check over the car (which i know i should have been more thorough before buying) and noticed the wheel locking key is missing and so is the wheel brace. Not sure what to do...

M

The brace is crap, a telescopic one would be best. As for the locking nuts, get them drilled out and replace with standard ones. A dealer can do this for about the price of an hours labour plus the new bolts or find a good local m chanic to do it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response, I will take it upto my local garage and see if they are able to do it. I didnt know if you could get a replacement from the dealers if you gave them the vehicle details but I suppose that would just encourage theft of wheels if it was that easy.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Thanks for the quick response, I will take it upto my local garage and see if they are able to do it. I didnt know if you could get a replacement from the dealers if you gave them the vehicle details but I suppose that would just encourage theft of wheels if it was that easy.

Replacements are available if you want to go that route. When I put alloys on my 307 I went for standard bits and I replaced the locking ones on my he wife's new 208. The last I heard of wheels being stolen was about 3 years ago when they were being stolen for the winter tyres off BMWs

P

·
0 Posts
As has already been said, get them off and replace with standard bolts. Loads of people have had issues with them becoming damaged and frankly not worth it. You would have to be a proper nut case to want to steal Peugeot alloys.

Most tyre places will get them off for you cheaply, replacement standard bolts can be purchased from Peugeot for a couple of quid, it's where i got my own from.

P

·
0 Posts
I like this advice. I need to replace that alloy our dad scratched. Should be nice and easy as soon as I find a Pug with the same alloys on. Remind me which yours are again.... :)
ha ha mine are 15" yours are 16" i believe bro

·
Registered
38 Posts

When we bought ours the locking but key was missing we managed to remove them by hammering a socket over the nut replaced with standard bolts

Also not only was the bar missing but the whole spare wheel me h and jack lol my fault for not checking when we bought it lol

I just chuck a spate wheel from the scrappy in the boot along with. Bar and jack

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah im guilty of not checking too, i didnt notice part of my roof was missing...lol. I have bought new bolts now and going to the local tyre place tomorrow to see if they can get them off for me.. fingers crossed :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts