Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried to remove the locking wheel bolts on a 307? with any success
Cant find the special socket :mad:
I think the top section will just sheer off if i try to undo it by that.
Thank you.

·
Registered
14,567 Posts
The top bit will indeed sheer off i have got a few off in the past but only by destructive methods or welding a big lump of metal too it then using an easyout type socket over the weld

·
Registered
174 Posts
Could you post a picture of the lock nut ? I don't know how many different types are out there but you could be lucky and find a Forum member who has what you need as many, me include have replaced their lock nuts with standard wheel bolts which saves the hassle that you are now experiencing. If my key is the same as the one you need you are welcome to it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Sorry crad ,mine are different, but if the one you need is standard as reliable states then there is a good chance someone will come along with a spare for you.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Sorry crad ,mine are different, but if the one you need is standard as reliable states then there is a good chance someone will come along with a spare for you.
think the usual method is to get a socket that just fits over them that is expendable and hammer it on undo them then throw them away and use standard wheel bolts

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
They are standard Peugeot locking bolts but there a a number of different combinations of spacings between the lugs. You may find one that looks identical onlu to find minute differences in the spacing preventing the key fitting the bolt.

When it was suggested using a slighly smaller socket they meant a socket that was slightly smaller than the diameter of the bolt where the cutouts for the key are - not the small diameter anti theft top bit that will shear off.

·
Registered
14,567 Posts
you cant get a socket over the larger part there is not enough metal to grip thats why the standard removal socket also ends up knackered as it is not a good fit either :)

G

·
0 Posts
I read somewhere ( as I'm trying to get my donor cars bolts out... ) that it is better to hammer a torx bit into the inside edges, rather than a larger socket onto the outside edges - haven't tried it yet though..

It worked on a 406 Coupe Club members car :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
locking wheel nuts

Hi, new to this site and having trouble with my locking wheel nuts. Can't find the key and not having much luck with any other method, was wondering if anyone has had any luck since the last post on this thread? I'm kinda going crazy without my car :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts