Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm getting ready to do the cam belt on my wife's 307cc
It has the EW10J4 engine
I've got the instructions and a picture showing where to fit the crank locking pin but I've had a quick look and can't see the hole. I'm doing it on a hard standing with the car on blocks so can't see as well as if I had a pit or proper garage ramp.
There does seem to be a large bracing bar under the engine right on the bell housing join, do i need to remove that perhaps.
Any help would be appreciated.
Mike

·
Registered
441 Posts
You need a crank locking tool. There is a hole behind the flywheel above the diff where the drive shafts enter the gearbox at the back of the engine, it's a pain to find. You turn the crank until the locking tool goes in and that's it.

having said that a drill bit serves the purpose i think it should be 8mm in diameter

I can't upload an image but im sure someone will pop the diagram up have a look here at a members uploaded pic:http://s1302.photobucket.com/user/karl266/media/img014_zpsd4ec5aa2.jpg.html

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I have the diagram showing the tool in the hole but it doesn't show where the hole is.
I'll have another look where you said.
It also says to use another tool to lock the flywheel when undoing the front pulley nut as the tool in the hole you mention is not strong enough to undo the nut.
Mike

·
Registered
441 Posts
to be honest...I've been naughty in the past and actually undone the pulley first and used the good old fashioned socket and "T Bar" and cranked the engine with key to undo the bolt...it works trust me, just make sure you have no locking pins in and position the bar to the underframe as close as poss

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've done that in the past but not on an engine with a "Free running" crank sprocket.
I suppose if it's more or less lined up it can be moved back to the right spot but what about doing it up again, if it slips then it's a pain!
Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts