Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The colder times are upon us and i'm a lazy person.

Is there any way to lock the car doors once the engine is running? I know of the button on the dash, but i want to be outside the car when it's locked so i can do other things while it's defrosting.

I tried locking it with my second keyfob but nothing, didn't think to try putting the 2nd key in the door and trying that way so i'll try that next, but if that fails, is there another way?

I don't have a garage or a drive with lockable gates so i'm just parked on the street and obviously don't want to leave an unlocked car running for some scummy opportunist to make off with.

P

·
0 Posts
The colder times are upon us and i'm a lazy person.

Is there any way to lock the car doors once the engine is running? I know of the button on the dash, but i want to be outside the car when it's locked so i can do other things while it's defrosting.

I tried locking it with my second keyfob but nothing, didn't think to try putting the 2nd key in the door and trying that way so i'll try that next, but if that fails, is there another way?

I don't have a garage or a drive with lockable gates so i'm just parked on the street and obviously don't want to leave an unlocked car running for some scummy opportunist to make off with.
Stop being lazy and stay with car. Even if you managed to lock the car and leave engine running, someone dodgy will just smash a window and steal the car. Imagine having to tell insurance company you left keys in car, they would just laugh at you and tell you insurance is now void. Not worth risk.

·
Registered
464 Posts
My 306 wouldn't lock on the button when running, but turning the spare key in the lock worked fine. Now in a 407 and no idea as I only have 1 key and have not yet gone thru a winter with it heh.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts