Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi when i lock the car using the fob all doors lock and after a second they unlock So I have to lock it with the key or just wait for 10 seconds till the car locks itself. I thought it was the lock driver´s side so I exchanged it with my other 307sw 2004 but stayed the same....so it´s not the drivers side......is it possible that another lock is not working properly and the car thinks there is an open door?, I disconnected the battery and after 30 minutes connected it back but not change, could be some programing problem, the locking unid, how to know it:(.... many thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Hemaz,
I had this problem on a 206 and it was infuriating.
Built into the door locks are micro switches that tell the computer if the door is open or closed. Of course they fail in the open position so locking the car with the remote isn't possible.
If it is one of the micro switches your display should tell you which door is open when you start the engine. Mine constantly beeped at me until I locked the doors whilst in the car (didn't have anti-hijack locking).
When you identify the failed lock you could try spraying Electrical Contact Cleaner into the lock to try and rectify the issue.
I believe the micro switch can be replaced but I never bothered :rolleyes:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks for your answer, the strange thing is that after the car unlocks I can wait for 10 seconds and it locks itself without problem, so if there would be a problem with an open door the car would never lock itself... or yes..., by other hand the display never showed me an open door while everything was close.... I will try to clean all five locks to see any change.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still have the problem and no solution on the way:( i have to lock it with the key..or with the control and wait, it locks...unlocks and after 10 seconds locks again at the end.....) to open it there is no problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts