Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys my locking nut seems to be broken from top and struggling to remove it....what options do i have...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
No other way. If you drill it and try to easi out it it will snap off as they are very brittle and not really designed for that job. Any good garage will put a blob of weld on the remaining shank and then weld a nut on. Just ask nicely.

·
Registered
14,580 Posts
Is it a front or rear wheel if front we get them out by taking out the other 3 and turning the steering then jam a bit off wood between the chassis and the wheel rim opposite the bolt thats stuck turn the steering to stretch the bolt a little this should allow you to get it out with the key

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it a front or rear wheel if front we get them out by taking out the other 3 and turning the steering then jam a bit off wood between the chassis and the wheel rim opposite the bolt thats stuck turn the steering to stretch the bolt a little this should allow you to get it out with the key
Sorry i did not get what exactly u meant thr...its a front wheel

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
It is clear. Take the good 3 bolts out of the offending wheel and then turn the steering wheel so that the rear of whichever wheel it is is sticking out. Then with the bad stud at the mid position jam a length of wood between the chassis leg and the offending wheels inner rim. Nice and tight fit. Then turn the steering wheel to straighten the wheel and by doing that the bolt could be stretched enough to be able to get the shank out.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is clear. Take the good 3 bolts out of the offending wheel and then turn the steering wheel so that the rear of whichever wheel it is is sticking out. Then with the bad stud at the mid position jam a length of wood between the chassis leg and the offending wheels inner rim. Nice and tight fit. Then turn the steering wheel to straighten the wheel and by doing that the bolt could be stretched enough to be able to get the shank out.
Ok so it cannot be done for front wheel or it can be ?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looking for normal nuts to replace the locking nuts...is local garage the only option or can they be bought online ?

Cheers

·
Registered
119 Posts
Had a similar prob with my locking stud on the rear. Local mobile fitter came out and smashed the outer ring then belted a socket over the stud and eased it out. Removed all the others on each wheel and binned them. Sourced a local scrap yard and got 4 17mm normal studs for £5. Job done.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Had a similar prob with my locking stud on the rear. Local mobile fitter came out and smashed the outer ring then belted a socket over the stud and eased it out. Removed all the others on each wheel and binned them. Sourced a local scrap yard and got 4 17mm normal studs for £5. Job done.
How much these mobile fitters charge ?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts