Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all have a slight annoying issue with my 307. if i lock the car (deadlock) on the inside. get out and try to lock the car and nothing happens. if i press the unlock buttom the car unlocks then allows me to lock the car like it thinks it was locked before

the drivers door will open but the rest wont until i unlock them

any ideas what might be causing this

(its not automatic deadlocking as the cars too old :mad:)

G

·
0 Posts
It does sound unusual, but then so does deadlocking a car 'before' you get out...:D

Do you use this to keep the kids in safely while you are on the move?

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont deadlock the car when i get out i deadlock it once i get in to drive it just habit so no arsehole tries to get in the car

G

·
0 Posts
Yeah, my missus does that too.

I'm not familiar with the 307, but can it be undeadlocked before you unlock the doors, is there a button on the dashboard?

·
11,731 Posts
Is there some confusion with lock and deadlock here?

Lock means that the doors cannot be opened from the outside. This is done by the button on the dash.

Deadlock means that the doors cannot be opened from inside or out. This is done when out of the car and using the lock button on the fob (press once to lock, press again to deadlock). Its to prevent a thief from smashing a window and putting their hand through to open the door from the inside handle. You would never deadlock yourself in the car in the event of a crash or fire.

You could also call the child locks on the back doors as deadlocks.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Is there some confusion with lock and deadlock here?

Lock means that the doors cannot be opened from the outside. This is done by the button on the dash.

Deadlock means that the doors cannot be opened from inside or out. This is done when out of the car and using the lock button on the fob (press once to lock, press again to deadlock). Its to prevent a thief from smashing a window and putting their hand through to open the door from the inside handle. You would never deadlock yourself in the car in the event of a crash or fire.

You could also call the child locks on the back doors as deadlocks.
Do all 307's have the deadlock feature? I've never noticed it on mine?

I just get a 'toot' from the horn if i press the lock button more than once??

·
Registered
160 Posts
Do all 307's have the deadlock feature? I've never noticed it on mine?

I just get a 'toot' from the horn if i press the lock button more than once??
Im also curious about this. Mine don't beep with the extra button press, but it blinks a lot - I figured this was some kind of "find the car" idea?

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
According to the manual for my 04 reg 307, pressing the lock button once on the remote deadlocks the doors. A second press within a few seconds removes the deadlock and leaves the doors just locked.

Once the doors have been locked/deadlocked for around 30 seconds or more a press on the remote lock button activates all the indicators for use as a secure car locator.

·
11,731 Posts
Mine doesn't beep / sound the horn when locked. A previous 307 did though.

Press the lock button on the fob, the doors will lock and lights flash.

Press again (and hold) and you'll hear a second louder "thunk" as the deadlocks activate.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Mines the same as Gibbo's, except I have auto locking on, which locks the doors once I've pulled off and the car is going faster than 10MPH. This is an SE mode SW and it has the option to turn this off on the dash menu.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hi all sorry for the confusion

if i get in the car and press the button on the dash the doors lock on the outside so noone can get in

if i get out of the drivers door and lock the car with the fob it wont let me. so i press unlock on the fob and then have to relock if not the drivers door is open (others are not)

i did an experiment tonight when i went to get out of the car. i repressed the button on the dash got out and the car locked fine

must be something wrong with the sensor for the drivers door maybe it doesnt read its open

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i opened the drivers door and the display doesnt say the door is open like all the others

does anyone know where the door switch is

1 - 12 of 12 Posts