Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've just purchased a 2009 Peugeot 4007. I carry my dog in the car and wondered how to lock the car so the alarm doesn't go off with the dog moving inside the car. I don't want to leave it unlocked when there are so many dog thefts but also don't want to deafen him if the alarm goes off with him in the car. Many thanks. Val

·
Registered
14,951 Posts
Personally i dont think a car should ever be locked with someone or something moving around inside but then i dont ever lock my car anyway.

The alarm can be disabled on real peugeots but not sure about the mitsubishi based peugeots.

·
Registered
36 Posts
turn off ignition and press and hold the red light button down by the gear lever console for 1-2 secs until it does a solid red light. The alarm is disabled lock car with key. or put masking tape over movement sensor at front.

·
Registered
291 Posts
The correct way is as described by TBS, however, this procedure does not disable the alarm, it only disables the internal sensors and the car can be locked from the remote. Also, note that this would need to be done every time you want the sensors to be disabled as they will be armed again the next time the car is locked unless you press and hold the button again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts