Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't open the back door even though the central locking is unlocked.

Removed the door card and have looked at the lock from within the door, the central locking is working fine and both inner and outer handle linkages are working. I have lubricated the lock from the inside using WD40 though a small hole where the linkage is located. I have knocked the lock to see if I can free the release mechanism, all this and I am still unable to open the door.

I have tried to lift the door using the external handle no luck, I have been forceful with the handle no luck.

I have looked through previous posts and this has been shown as a common fault. I have tried everything I can. What do I try next, split the plastic casing from the inside and try and free the mechanism or anyone got any other suggestions.

It is such a simple job to replace the lock once you get the door open so I am loathed to take it to the garage but that my be last option.

Your help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
209 Posts
When mine did it the first time i had to take the door inner off (you can do it with the door shut) and then it freed off. The next time i did a firm bang on the outside of the door and it worked....

D

·
0 Posts
The only way to get it out is to just beat it out of there.
They give trouble.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Locked rear o/s door update.

After much consideration I decided to see if I could break away the plastic cover and access the internal mechanism.

Used a centre punch and small hammer and broke the plastic cover just underneath the external lever on the lock. The plastic broke easily and I was able to pull away enough to access the internals. After a bit of a play I found a pin had a weak spring which did not push it upwards when the central locking was unlocked. Pushed this pin upwards and the door handle operted and the door unlocked , I removed the lock and the spring fell out onto the floor!

I am happy this has been the problem so put the lock back and have ordered a new one to fit.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi,

Sorry to jump into this post, but I have exactly the same problem.

So I take it from whats said above, if I'm successful in getting the door open with a thud or two here and there. Would this banging be done when the door is centrally unlocked pr locked.

Then by removing the lock, I could by some way mess about with this spring etc.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts