Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Looking for some help. I have just locked my car keys in my 207 sw 1.6hdi .
Its got auto locking but I thought I had disabled it.
I was switching my other car out of driveway to bring mine in. I left keys on seat while i was intending to return to other car when I heard the dreaded locking noise :mad:
Im working on the assumption Im not the first idiot in the village :D
Can anyone offer some advice on how to retrieve the keys ?

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Hi Looking for some help. I have just locked my car keys in my 207 sw 1.6hdi .
Its got auto locking but I thought I had disabled it.
I was switching my other car out of driveway to bring mine in. I left keys on seat while i was intending to return to other car when I heard the dreaded locking noise :mad:
Im working on the assumption Im not the first idiot in the village :D
Can anyone offer some advice on how to retrieve the keys ?
a bit far for me as i could have picked the lock, try get something to press unlock on the keys or hook the keys. do you have breakdown as they carry door airbag kits to do just that

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Result Im out of jail

Ive had a stroke of luck. My next door neighbour is a AA recovery engineer and had just finished his shift . I was at my car trying to open the lock with a tennis ball . (You tube video) :lol::lol:
Anyway he used a plastic prise bar (top corner of door) to create a gap into which he slid a small inflatable balloon. Once inflated it increased the gap enough to poke a long wire rod through and push the button on my remote.
If nothing else at least I can confirm for anyone in same position that the door can safely be prised back about inch and half and this is enough to access cab with a length of wire. :thumb:
Now im going to try to disable this auto lock system. I tried holding that button on dash whilst driving but although it says not activated it still locks when i close drivers door.
Is there an option within peugeot planet to disarm it ?

·
Registered
54 Posts
the best reply i can think of with this, is make sure you always have 2 keys for the car that way if your at home you can easily just get in with the 2nd key !!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts