Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Could someone please advise where the airbag control unit is located?
The car in question is a 2004 807 2.0 hdi.
I understand it is under the floor in the front somewhere, but do I need to remove the carpet and plastic frame (and front seats, etc:( to get at it, or can I access it from the battery area?
The condensation drain from my ac has been blocked (what a stupid design, with the wire running tru' the drainpipe), and I suspect the reason I get airbag fault lamp is that the control unit has been soaked...

Tips much appreciated

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot guys - much appreciated!
I suppose I will try to get at it by removing one seat and the trim on one side first - we''ll see how it works out...
Funny with the wiper indication, btw;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update:
Removed passenger seat (driver seat in UK) with some hassle, as the anchor bolt for the seatbelt has a BIG torx head (probably 60, but I got it off with a 5/16 hex), while the other 4 bolts are 40 torx.
Realized after removal that the ecu box is accessible w/o removal of seat, but it does make access easier.
Inside the recess it was wet (!) so I let a heating fan dry it out while I cleaned and sprayed earth connections and cable connectors.

Here is a picture of it
2013-05-09 18.11.30.jpg

I also cleaned up connectors around the b-pillar, battery box and under the seat.
Assembled it all - airbag fault remains...
Today I will do the same on the left side - hoping to get rid of the fault I am reasonably positive as the fault lamp sometimes goes off for a while, leading me to think that it is a poor connection/wire somewhere...

All the best,
Karl

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi David
I have an airbag ecu communication error/ not responding so I am a bit lost...
Those few times it decides to be in order (ie warning lamps off), I am never near my garage;(

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
The rear washer pipe has not come apart at the joint behind the drivers side rear lamps? There is quite a lot of airbag wiring in the vicinity that could have got wet. Use minature tie wraps to secure the joints.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Could someone expand a bit on where the airbag ecu is located precisely? Is it nearby the battery? Or much closer to the other seat?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys,
have bought an used Peugeot 807 an year ago. Light for airbag fault was ON ever since and last year has pass MOT. This year I could not get through - fear enough!
Opened the hatch and found my ESP sensor missing - Do not believe that any one has opened that hatch before me. My questions are:
- What is the purpose of ESP sensor?
- Is it possible car to leave the Peugeot factory without ESP sensor?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts