Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone once again the 307 has packed up and not sure if it's the last time , the other day I had to change my diesel filter housing as was leaking quite bad so got new one and filter and fitted fine later that day up going to mot accelerate up hill and the car just holded itself flat out and smoke literally filled the main road , tried turning off to no avail so dropped into second and holded foot on brake till it stalled itself in road !! What on earth could this possibly be , it's pouring of smoke and all my oil disappeared around 3 litres I'd say

·
Registered
364 Posts
Sounds like turbo seals have gone allowing oil into inlet manifold, engine then has a huge supply of uncontrolled fuel and takes off. Unless there are restrictors fitted you won't turn it off on the key either, stalling is the only way.

·
Registered
14,565 Posts
Your turbo has died the oil is what made the smoke that's why its all gone

The seals on the turbo shaft are worn allowing the oil to leak into the inlet this causes the engine to run on its own you done well to stall it most people run away well done you may just have saved your engine.

DO NOT rev it up if you have to run it again keep the revs low to avoid it revving again itself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Totally agree with renegade, its what's known as a 'run away'.
Turbo the usual suspect, all that extra oil being thrown through the combustion chambers, I'd say you managed well to stop the engine before it went bang.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Sounds like turbo seals have gone allowing oil into inlet manifold, engine then has a huge supply of uncontrolled fuel and takes off. Unless there are restrictors fitted you won't turn it off on the key either, stalling is the only way.
Blocking the air intake also works (only way on an automatic) preferably not using your new jumper :).

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone ... Garage taking turbo off today as the turbo was a brand new reconditioned unit only 4 weeks ago 😟 could this have possibly gone this quick within 800 mile

·
Registered
364 Posts
Blocking the air intake also works (only way on an automatic) preferably not using your new jumper :).
Yes it does but often the engine has self destructed before you can do this. My Zafira DTi has vacuum operated restrictors that automatically block off the inlet when you switch off the ignition so that can't run away. Pugs obviously don't.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts