Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi hope someone can help I've got a 1007 1.4 hd. And it's started making a really loud noise grinding/ clunking when in gear and clutch pedal is fully released I can creep forward on the clutch without noise I can reverse fine no noise at all and over about 30mph noise seems to stop, car still goes into gears fine tryed putting break on and releasing clutch pedal and noise is there without moving forward so guessing it's not the driveshaft? annoying thing is I've just had a new clutch a week or so ago a new drive shaft end so could do without any other large bills on it :'(
Thanks in advance, regards sam

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
There must be linked with the recent work, you need to take it back to the garage for them to diagnose and repair, hopefully not at your cost unless they can prove it's an unconnected fault.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, The garage had it back they recon it's a new gearbox I need ( probably the lay shaft?) and also a new rubber on a lower engine mount :-(

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
If the noise wasn't there before the recent work I'm inclined to think the gearbox wasn't topped up with oil after changing the clutch........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts