Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm thinking about getting a expert van and looking to get an idea of reliability, performance, reccomended specifications. I am looking at buying a second hand one for between 5 and 9k. Is there anything specific to look out for? I will be using it as a motocross van at weekends and for driving to and from work during the week, how are they to drive every day.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had my 07 expert 20hdi 6 speed 3 seater lwb since 2011 with 129k

Replaced the clutch and flywheel when I got it as it was on its way out.
179k on it now and will need another flywheel soon as its rattling.

I love this van.
I use it as my daily it's so comfy to drive.
I've had the R1 in it a few times with no issues getting it on or out or securing to the well placed ties down eyes.

It holds 80 Lts of diesel and usually returns 600-625 miles per tank.

No regrets here.

·
Registered
274 Posts
get the 2.0 only and change oil every 10k and you should be ok. a lot of them blow up after 150k which is caused by rockers breaking and dropping valves. new rockers&lifters at 150k and you will be good for the same again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Peugot Expert Camper conversion?

I have just bought a 2008 Peugeot Expert H2L2 LWB (high roof). The van has completed 120000 miles and I am told has 8 service stamps on the book. I am going over to Birmingham to collect this vehicle on Sat Am.

I hope and intend to convert this van to a Camper-van would love to connect with any others who have gone down this route. I certainly appreciate the advice, re potential mechanical problems posted on here. My purchase was a one previous owner and everything seems to be in order at this time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts