Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Anyone help me, im fitting a none standard radio to a 53 plate 307.

Any ideas which wire is the live from the ignition switch?

Photo would be good if someone has one.

Cheers

Dave

·
5,812 Posts
There is no ign switch live only a feed from BSI which shuts down after a couple of mins.

Some people who want a instant shut down have found using the glove box lamp feed works well (thats what i used with my parrot kit)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

Will this switch the radio off when the ignition is switched off?

I guess its as simple as cutting into the live feed on the glovebox lamp.

Thanks

Dave

·
5,812 Posts
It did with my Parrot kit when i had it wired to radio feed the parrot kit would not switch off for a couple of mins when ign switched off

·
Registered
68 Posts
what ever you do as soon as you switch the ignition off the radio will shut down , the codes and all the memory will still be there when you switch back on , if you want to use a none standard radio and listen to it when the ignition is off you will have to find some where to take a live feed from.
if it doesn't save the codes when you install it , switch the red and yellow wires round

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fitted radio, cut into blue live on harness at radio plug, radio does stay on for a min or so then shuts down, so no problem.
Thanks for advice.

Dave

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
There is a live that is switched by the ignition sitting next to the BSI switched live in the plug on the car harness. Moving the wire on the adapter cable to the next hole which is vacant in the adapter plug gives instant shutdown when the ignition is turned off. You should really use an adapter cable rather than cutting into cables.

I did this on both my 307's and it worked fine. All that is needed is a cheap multimeter or 12v test lamp and some patience to find the correct switched live in the harness.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts