Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Peugot 307 SW, 2005, 1.6 petrol, 180k km.

Yesterday I changed the head gasket on my car (you might have seen my other thread on that).

It starts and idles ok, but I can't get any revs out of it (1300-1500 rpm) and the Anti Pollution fault comes up in the display. There is also smoke coming from below the exhaust manifold, but I'm unsure if this is exhaust or just oil and stuff I've spilled on the manifold. It doesn't really smell like exhaust to me.

Would a poor seal between the exhaust manifold and the rest of the exhaust cause these symptoms?

Also it idles quite warm. It gets to 100 deg C, and the second stage of the fan kicks in, and it goes back to around 90. Is this normal? It's about 25 degrees Celsius air temp and sunny here today.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Did a scan and it came back with code P0122 and P3014. Any ideas?

As to the cooling problem I've gone through all the steps on bleeding the system, but there is still no pressure in the coolant hoses. I removed the thermostat and found that the gaskets were damaged so I replaced that. Still hasn't solved it :(

·
Registered
14,288 Posts
If there is no pressure in the coolant thats a good sign :)

Do you have heat coming from the heater if you do then its all bled fine just to be clear there should be NO PRESSURE in the coolant pressure is bad.

The running problem could be many things if it ran ok before it must be something you have not reconnected properly or the timing is no right

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If there is no pressure in the coolant thats a good sign :)

Do you have heat coming from the heater if you do then its all bled fine just to be clear there should be NO PRESSURE in the coolant pressure is bad.

The running problem could be many things if it ran ok before it must be something you have not reconnected properly or the timing is no right
You were right on the second part. Found a connector that hadn't been plugged in again...doh!

There is plenty of heat from the heater, yeah. But the car runs hot. Gets up to 100C just idling. And it doesn't feel like there is any flow in the coolant hoses.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ugh. And now I just discovered that it's sweating oil from the cam covers... I bought new seals for them when I did the head gasket, but the ones I got didn't fit. Looks like I needed new ones :p

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is the timing correct cars run hot if its 1 tooth out
Had a friend help me do the timing, but for all I know it might be off. I had a really hard time getting the locking pin into the flywheel, and when I did the fit was pretty loose. I used the size the Haynes manual recommended, 6mm I think.

Also, when the pin was inserted the pistons where not completely on the top of their cycle, is that normal?

Anyone know anywhere I can get my hands on that Peugeot tool used to lock the flywheel that's mentioned in the Haynes manual?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts