Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi when i removed the plastic cover off the engine 2.0 hdi there was what looks like a second place to put oil in whats is this and whats it for

D

·
0 Posts
There is only one oil filler on the 307, thats if it is 2.0hdi and thats on the rear left of that cover. There is a hole that corresponds to it on the cover.

·
11,873 Posts
On my 90 there were also two, but there was no oil symbol on the top one, plus it was right at the back by the bulkhead so very difficult to get oil into.

·
Registered
320 Posts
@ Stubbo, May i ask what the difference is between the two.they both run into the top of the rocker cover,i think if it were mine and i was choosing, i think i'd go for the rear one as it looks more like the normal place compared to a petrol engine. I have not seen this before.:)

S

·
0 Posts
There isnt really a difference, from what i gathered the last time this came up there are 2 because the top one was slightly obscured and hard to use (the engine is used in a few different vehicles but the bodywork of the 307 got in the way a bit!)

The one in the middle will just run straight to the sump, thats how my 306 used to fill as well! been using that one since i had the car and no issues for me! :thumb:

D

·
0 Posts
I stand corrected. I don't see many 2.0hdi's here. They are too expensive to tax.
Although only the 307 that has the two filler caps well some of the vans have it too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts