Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, i have a 2001 2.0 HDI (RHZ engine code) that has recently given me some annoyance. It is currently stuck in limp mode and comes up with anti-pollution fault on the display. Engine Management Light is also on.

Fault codes are p1112 and p1138.

This seems to of happened since i have filled up with fuel. Filled up and 8 miles down the road, the car cut out on the motorway, under load. I got it going again by taking the feed off the fuel filter housing and putting the ignition on. This sorted the issue and car restarted without problems, carried on down the motorway, not in limp mode or any lights illuminated and 20 or so miles later, same thing happened. Same "cure" got it going again. Happened once again a little while later, but this time the EML and Anti-pollution fault on dash, including Limp Mode.

i have checked the Fuel Pressure Regulator (Part number - 0281 002 493) as diagnostic machine says it is jammed?? But that seems fine, cleaned out the fuel filter, (New one going in tomorrow)

Any Help Appreciated as i am going away on the weekend in it and like to have it running as it was before.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is some information from live data about the fuel system. Hopefully this will shed some light on what is going on with my car.

At idle it was showing 298 bar. But when i have just logged in to update this thread it has risen to 408 bar! Im guessing this is too high, but WHY is it doing that?

Where is the diesel high pressure regulator? How can it get jammed randomly and im guessing this would cause the car to cut out?

I drove 750 miles over the weekend, trouble free, but jumped it in this morning to go to work any there were no lights on, but it cut out on the way to work.

Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
14,628 Posts
298 at idle is normal the rail pressure sensor reads the pressure in the rail and the ecu regulates it it should rise with revs the more you rev the higher it goes.

I have not seem 400 at idle on any of mine seen less at idle but not more :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, it did drop to 290 bar. but the thing that is concerting me is it randomly cutting out. It has done it a few times now, but it will always require me to pull the fuel pipes off the filter and pop the ignition on to get it going again.

The high pressure regulator getting jammed is my concern, im thinking this is causing it to cut out, but why is it getting jammed? surely the fuel filter should stop any shit getting into it.

Yes, definately deisel in it, always fill up at the same shell, because a fit bird works there! ;)

How much is a new regulator? Can it be bought seperate or is it part of the high pressure pump?

Would this cause the slight run-on too? Maybe 2 seconds or so????

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Yeah, it did drop to 290 bar. but the thing that is concerting me is it randomly cutting out. It has done it a few times now, but it will always require me to pull the fuel pipes off the filter and pop the ignition on to get it going again.

The high pressure regulator getting jammed is my concern, im thinking this is causing it to cut out, but why is it getting jammed? surely the fuel filter should stop any shit getting into it.

Yes, definately deisel in it, always fill up at the same shell, because a fit bird works there! ;)

How much is a new regulator? Can it be bought seperate or is it part of the high pressure pump?

Would this cause the slight run-on too? Maybe 2 seconds or so????
follow the wire from the pressure sensor on the common rail (red connector) and there should be a yellow connector cut this out and either crimp it or even better solder it

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Hi there, i have a 2001 2.0 HDI (RHZ engine code) that has recently given me some annoyance. It is currently stuck in limp mode and comes up with anti-pollution fault on the display. Engine Management Light is also on.

This seems to of happened since i have filled up with fuel. Filled up and 8 miles down the road, the car cut out on the motorway, under load. I got it going again by taking the feed off the fuel filter housing and putting the ignition on. This sorted the issue and car restarted without problems, carried on down the motorway, not in limp mode or any lights illuminated and 20 or so miles later, same thing happened. Same "cure" got it going again. Happened once again a little while later, but this time the EML and Anti-pollution fault on dash, including Limp Mode.

i have checked the Fuel Pressure Regulator (Part number - 0281 002 493) as diagnostic machine says it is jammed?? But that seems fine, cleaned out the fuel filter, (New one going in tomorrow)

Any Help Appreciated as i am going away on the weekend in it and like to have it running as it was before.
http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/406-40/code-p1138-pressure-control-valve-22773/

·
Registered
4,778 Posts

P1112: Diesel high pressure monitoring function. Pressure lower than the minimum pressure.
P1138: Fuel pressure. Stop requested, but regulator still active.
Those two codes are the Terrible Twins of HDIs.
Carry out an injector leak-off test.
Then remove the pressure regulator and check its tip filter for blockage and its O-rings for cracks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
follow the wire from the pressure sensor on the common rail (red connector) and there should be a yellow connector cut this out and either crimp it or even better solder it
Okay, i'll find that later on, but you say "cut it out" i take it to mean, disconnect the sensor and connect the wires together? Crimp or solder them together etc? Is this right? :thumb:

i have checked the High Pressure regulator and couldnt see any gunk on the tip and it seemed like the o-rings, although small, were in good shape. They were two different colours from memory. I do have a O-ring selecton box knocking about somewhere so i might see if any of those fit and change them out anyway.

Why would it be getting jammed though?

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Okay, i'll find that later on, but you say "cut it out" i take it to mean, disconnect the sensor and connect the wires together? Crimp or solder them together etc? Is this right? :thumb:

i have checked the High Pressure regulator and couldnt see any gunk on the tip and it seemed like the o-rings, although small, were in good shape. They were two different colours from memory. I do have a O-ring selecton box knocking about somewhere so i might see if any of those fit and change them out anyway.

Why would it be getting jammed though?
yes cut the connector out and crimp or solder the wires back together so they are still connected to the pressure sensor

1 - 10 of 10 Posts