Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have owned many run around 2 and 3 Oh somethings over the years but this one is new to me.
just picked up a 2008 1.6 diesel 207.
After a battery fail And check over by a mechanic a new Bosch battery was installed. All good!
during heavy rain last night I got a missed call from a neighbour at midnight and then texts to tell me my headlights and wipers were on on the 207!!?
I checked the cameras in the morning and they had been on in the night.. the car also started first time in the morning and nothing looked wrong.
I can only assume that the heavy rain got into something and made a circuit that did this and as the rain stopped so did the problem.
Hope someone could suggest where to start!!

many thanks.
s

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi all,

I have owned many run around 2 and 3 Oh somethings over the years but this one is new to me.
just picked up a 2008 1.6 diesel 207.
After a battery fail And check over by a mechanic a new Bosch battery was installed. All good!
during heavy rain last night I got a missed call from a neighbour at midnight and then texts to tell me my headlights and wipers were on on the 207!!?
I checked the cameras in the morning and they had been on in the night.. the car also started first time in the morning and nothing looked wrong.
I can only assume that the heavy rain got into something and made a circuit that did this and as the rain stopped so did the problem.
Hope someone could suggest where to start!!

many thanks.
s
Hi StewartG - I just had a similar problem, have a look at Car has gone insane! BSI issue?. I fixed the issue by cleaning the earth contacts behind and below the headlights - easiest to do with the headlights out on the 307 which is not hard either. Good idea to go after all the earthing points while you're at it. Make sure you follow the correct battery disconnect/reconnect procedures so you don't spike the BSI.

In my case all the electrics were bone dry, but the earth connections showed minor corrosion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts