Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My brother's girlfriend has a 206cc and when she is driving along all the dashboard lights go out along with the radio,speedo and rev counter, and the 15 amp fuse always blows. Has anybody else expierenced this before ?

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
256 Posts
GLOBE GLOBE GLOBE, more than likely it's one of the globes.
Now tell is the stereo in the car a peugeot factory fitted unit?:confused:

·
Registered
256 Posts
:thumb: Contacts on the globes usually have worn, causing the fuse to blow.
Have you ever had any work done to the ca,r ie: electrical accessories, stereo, windows, any door trims removed. You have to ask yourself these questions as to determine the problematic area.

Post a picture of your pugs interior layout with lights on/off and one with all lights on at night, I need to see which lights are illuminated and which ones are not.

Obviously at present I haven't seen the fault, please post and I will endeavour to assist to the best of my ability.:thumb:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Are you serious!!!!
A globe is a light bulb, formally known as light globe.
Anyway post up a pict as I requested earlier and I will take a look at it!:( :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
johnc said:
Are you serious!!!!
A globe is a light bulb, formally known as light globe.
Anyway post up a pict as I requested earlier and I will take a look at it!:( :)
I was serious yes. There would be no point in posting a picture as when it happens every single light on the dashboard goes out. When the fuse is replaced they come back on then say about a week later they blow for no apparent reason. I couldn't even say switching the side lights on or anything else causes the fuse to blow etc, it just happens periodically/weekly.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Try diming the lights down to the lowest setting replace the fuse then see what happens. If the fuse still blows then it is either a light bulb or a diode- I will explain the diode issue later, see what happens when you dim.
Another queston is has the car been jump started, or a new alternator fitted, or a new Battery, has any amps been fitted. Another question do the rear lights work when the dash lights go out?????:thumb:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi,

Yes recently the battery was flat, recharged and then used again. On the odd occasion it has been jump started. A new battery has since been fitted and yes the problems have been since it was fitted.

Thanks for your help so far.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Run a test on the alternator current, you should get readings of 11.4-13.2volts max, any higher is an over charge and a faulty alternator. Also check the boot light current with engine on and off any large fluctuations whilst the engine is running and off will undoutedly be the alternator.

Jump starting can damage the alternator and cars electrical system, in peugeot the BCU could be damaged!!! But highly unlikely unless any of the rear parking lights are blown.:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
the problem most likely is one of the Earth cables going from the battery to the gearbox or to the chassis. i just fixxed mine today. spent the whole day pulling fuses and BCI out testing everything and then turned out to be a simple fix. You could prob get one from a scrap yard or buy a spurious ground lead from a Motor factors

1 - 11 of 11 Posts