Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm one of those who lives close to a drive-in cinema - so I really hope my new 3008 will be my new best movie buddy (with the Focal hifi.)

BUT BUT BUT... Many cars have the annoying 'feature' that the radio turns of after 15 min. or so to save the battery and the only way to get it back on, is to turn on the car which blinds everybody and is annoying, to say the least...

Soooooo here's my questions...

1: Do the radio turn off after 'x' minutes without having the car turned on? (if it's even possible to have it turned on without the engine running?

2: is it possible to turn ON the car but have NO LIGHTS on it (front as well as back) ?

Thank you guys!

·
Registered
683 Posts
I'm one of those who lives close to a drive-in cinema - so I really hope my new 3008 will be my new best movie buddy (with the Focal hifi.)

BUT BUT BUT... Many cars have the annoying 'feature' that the radio turns of after 15 min. or so to save the battery and the only way to get it back on, is to turn on the car which blinds everybody and is annoying, to say the least...

Soooooo here's my questions...

1: Do the radio turn off after 'x' minutes without having the car turned on? (if it's even possible to have it turned on without the engine running?

2: is it possible to turn ON the car but have NO LIGHTS on it (front as well as back) ?

Thank you guys!
Just been out to my car to test for you, I have push button ignition if I turn the car off then push the start button without foot on brake the ignition comes on daylight running lights do not come on radio does. I didn't sit in the car to test if it turned off after a predefined time. One thing to note if I get in the car and push the start button without foot on brake before car has been started it come up energy saving mode straight away and turns off the main screen and radio.

Just noticed you have ordered a Allure this presumably will be key ignition so may well have the accessory position on the barrel, whether this turns off after a predefined time I don't know. Worst case you will have to quickly turn the key to get it back.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man! :) ... But no, I also get the push start button, so the same will apply for me...

I hope it's something we/I can control in the settings, I mean, turn of the lights even with the motor running :)

And thank you again! you guys are awesome! :D

Just been out to my car to test for you, I have push button ignition if I turn the car off then push the start button without foot on brake the ignition comes on daylight running lights do not come on radio does. I didn't sit in the car to test if it turned off after a predefined time. One thing to note if I get in the car and push the start button without foot on brake before car has been started it come up energy saving mode straight away and turns off the main screen and radio.

Just noticed you have ordered a Allure this presumably will be key ignition so may well have the accessory position on the barrel, whether this turns off after a predefined time I don't know. Worst case you will have to quickly turn the key to get it back.

·
Registered
683 Posts
There is no way to turn off the daylight running lights in settings, your only hope is with ignition on it senses music being played and doesn't shut off and it only shuts off with no activity.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have the Allure with standard radio.

With this version you do not need the key in the ignition. There is a push button with volume control just below and to the left of the piano key switches.

Press this and the radio will come on, the speedo rev counter display will come on briefly and then go off. There are no external lights on the car. Don't know how long the radio will stay on.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Radio definitely switches off, I think after 15 minutes, most annoying if I’m sitting waiting while the wife is shopping. My Focus was the same.

I thought it not a good idea to leave the ignition turned on besides running the battery down.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Radio definitely switches off, I think after 15 minutes, most annoying if I’m sitting waiting while the wife is shopping. My Focus was the same.

I thought it not a good idea to leave the ignition turned on besides running the battery down.
I was always told not to leave the ignition on to long as it would burn out, this was years ago on much older car one would assume the ignition tech has improved and now its just so the battery doesn't drain to far.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I was always told not to leave the ignition on to long as it would burn out, this was years ago on much older car one would assume the ignition tech has improved and now its just so the battery doesn't drain to far.
Something to do with the condenser I thought, perhaps modern cars don't have them.

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
Modern cars dont have condensers modern garages would not know what your on about they would think your on about aircon condenser :)

Radio switches off after 15 mins MAX to conserve battery power

I doubt there is any way of starting the car without some lights coming on all cars seem to have this pointless feature nowadays.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well well well... at least the world has duct tape and trash bags to hide the lights if it comes to that :p

·
Registered
486 Posts

This should work and this is normal for any other cars also I haven't notice it turn off automatically after some time, have used just about an hour and did not. If you have push button start just press the power button without pressing a break paddle and if you have normal ignition switch which you have to insert the key, then just turn clockwise lightly and fist click turn on the power.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.