Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have recently acquired a used Peugeot 206 and the lighter doesnt work and I wanted to replace it.
Problem is I don't really know how...
I removed the leather part of the gear handle but cant really access the plug that connects to the lighter.

Is there any easier way to do this?

thanks

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hello,

I have recently acquired a used Peugeot 206 and the lighter doesnt work and I wanted to replace it.
Problem is I don't really know how...
I removed the leather part of the gear handle but cant really access the plug that connects to the lighter.

Is there any easier way to do this?

thanks
From memory, there's a screw at the very back of the console. Loosen that and you can tilt the console up/forward - might be sufficient access.

If not I think you need to pull off the hand brake plastic (just slipped onto a metal frame) in order to let the hand brake slot slide out, and you've got the console loose (don't recall any screws attaching it to the bottom of the center dash console, but there might be (fuzzy memory.) Of course, berware any connectors to the switches - might want to start by prying the switches up and disconnecting the the connectors. Some have U-brackets locking them in place and that need too be swiveled to the side to release the connector.

Picture of the location of the rear screw:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know that lighter should have bulb, but on my Peugeot 206 it's not shine. Because replace lighter not easy (not just pop-up it, we need disassemble central console to reach lighter and bulb), I thought that Peugeot 206 don't have bulb in lighter.

Thanks for reply. I'll try to add/replace bulb. :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.