Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm looking for some advice for my Peugeot 308 SW 2009 TDI. She is kind of freaking me out as her lights have a mind of their own! It started a few weeks ago when one of the headlight bulbs (that is on all of the time when driving) blew. I replaced it but it still doesn't work...don't know why. A few days later the brake light on the same side of the car blew, so I removed the light and replaced the bulb - luckily it does seem to be working. Then last week the indicator light at the front on the opposite side stopped working, then the next day miraculously worked again, this goes on, sometimes it works, sometimes not... Then on the same side this week the front main headlight bulb has stopped working, and when the headlights are on sometimes the whole unit is just a dull yellow, then all of a sudden everything comes up bright again. I don't know what's causing this, it's like the car is possessed! Please, has anyone got any "bright" excuse the pun, ideas? My MOT is due! Thank you :lol:

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
You have more than 1 issue here the dull headlight indicates a poor earth somewhere at the front or in the light itself the indicator could be the same issue or sometimes the bulb holders get dirty.

A bsi reset may sort some of the issues but you will have to fix the earth at headlight this may well be WHY the first bulb blew.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
sometimes the whole unit is just a dull yellow, then all of a sudden everything comes up bright again.
Classic symptom of a poor earth connection.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts