Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the buzzer is for letting you know that you have left your ligts on when you get out of the car?
My partner is hard of hearing and has done this on a few occasions because she simply cant hear the buzzer. I was toying with the idea of wiring a small LED light into the circut and placing it where it would be visable so she could check before she left the vehicle.
Does anyone know where the wiring is and what voltage the buzzer is?
i assume that it would involve ripping the dash apart but if it saves me having to jump start the car again it would be worth it, it might be a good excuse to change the colour of the dash bulbs as well :p:D

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i believe the buzzer is built into the speedo unit. not sure on voltages etc, but should be good enough for an led....but then again the lights stay on in the car to say the light are on :s

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the lights stay on in the car to say the light are on
This is true but the lights stay on for a few seconds anyway so you'd have to wait to see if they go out and this isn't much good when its daytime.
I'll have a dig around and see if I can find out any more info on the wiring system.
Would the dealers give me this info or would they be cagey about doing this?

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
well when i went in and asked about changing the colours of the illumination of the speedo...i got the "WTF!" face followed by "no idea" and it "cant be done" so good luck trying to get the info

·
5,071 Posts
could always try a 'slap' everytime there left on........................

J

·
0 Posts
this isn't much good when its daytime.
Probably doesn't need the lights on afterall then :thumb:

There are lights on the dash anyhow to say the lights are on... and all dials illuminated too.... so with these and the buzzer, albeit quiet, I can't see how there is much more you can really do.

D

·
0 Posts
The buzzer is not only used to warn if lights are on. It beeps on engine managent problems too. So your idea about hooking an LED into it won't work.
I'd not be messing with it if i was you. The multiplex is very fickle and will cause all manner of communication problems on the network.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry for not getting back to this thread sooner.
There are no auto lights on the car. It is the same buzzer used for the lights as is used for the keys in the ignition alarm then? Same as the beep that tells me if the "right hand stop light faulty" (that I get every time I push the pedal even though there is nothing wrong with it :mad: )
Am I better off abandoning this idea?
I know it is a simple thing to check for the lights but when there is a 2 1/2 yr old screaming in the back for sweeties it can distract you from checking :eek:

·
5,071 Posts
the brake light fault, have you sorted it ?? if not send me your email and i'll send you a repair guide, very easy to sort that one

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think that you sent me the guide already Trem, it's the one that you put a direct earth onto the circuit board on the light pod?? I have that done and it didn't make much difference.
When I am driving after dark I can see the brake light in the rear window flicker for a fraction of a second then come on, I get the warning then the lights work fine. I've changed the bulb a few times but to no effect.

·
5,071 Posts
I think that you sent me the guide already Trem, it's the one that you put a direct earth onto the circuit board on the light pod?? I have that done and it didn't make much difference.
When I am driving after dark I can see the brake light in the rear window flicker for a fraction of a second then come on, I get the warning then the lights work fine. I've changed the bulb a few times but to no effect.

then perhaps its the brake light switch itself, have a read here

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/407-41/bulb-failure-warning-8808/

J

·
0 Posts
If they flicker, then sounds like a dodgey connection somewhere - good be a bad earth somewhere, or as Trem says could be a dodgey switch - switches are relatively cheap/easy to replace too, but normally when they go wrong they bring up a warning on the dash, along the lines of ABS/ESP fault... I've had this myself when the brake light switch broke :thumb:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is this the switch? I have the white version but he will send me the white one if I buy this item.
I priced the same thing in the dealers and it was 80euro +vat!!

Ebay item number : 170572957155

Also, is there an easy way to remove the switch from the bracket that holds it in place? I tried to pull it out and damn near broke the cables at one end. :eek:

·
Registered
33 Posts
and indicator click and many sounds
I have the same problem with my 2014 Peugeot 208. The buzzer has stopped working for no reason. No indicator click sound along with other warning sounds.

Dealer forced me to replace the whole COMMS unit which is overkill and costs way much than it should be!

Is there a way to "only" replace the buzzer individually?

Many thanks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts