Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is time to change the winter tires to summer tires.
When reading the manual it states that one should only use the supplied jack (or contact your dealership). Since I didn't order a spare tire, I didn't get a jack with the vehicle. Has anybody lifted their 3008 using a trolley jack with lift pads on the dedicated lift points on the door sills? If so was it successful, meaning no bending of the lift lip or scratching of paint?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
It is time to change the winter tires to summer tires.
When reading the manual it states that one should only use the supplied jack (or contact your dealership). Since I didn't order a spare tire, I didn't get a jack with the vehicle. Has anybody lifted their 3008 using a trolley jack with lift pads on the dedicated lift points on the door sills? If so was it successful, meaning no bending of the lift lip or scratching of paint?
I have not personally done that, but as far as I can remember all car manufacturers put that warning in their handbooks. I guess just so they cover themselves in case of damage to the door sills.

I am sure if you go to your local tyre workshop (not peugeot), they wont be using the original peugeot jack to lift your car, but just like you said the trolley jack with lift pads.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.
You're probably right, but the lift lip is higher than I've seen before and if someone actually have tried it I would appreciate a confirmation.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Use a hockey puck with a groove cut into it so the the lip on the car fits into the groove. Then use a trolley jack against the puck. This provides a stable platform which will not damage the paintwork or the lip on the car.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Use a hockey puck with a groove cut into it so the the lip on the car fits into the groove. Then use a trolley jack against the puck. This provides a stable platform which will not damage the paintwork or the lip on the car.
I bet everyone will have hockey pucks in their garden sheds??:D
Probably find them next to the quoits rings that everyone has too!:p

I have just jacked the cars up with a normal trolley jack. It has never bent the jacking points. Their stronger than they look..

Grumpy

Reactions: terry57

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As a matter of fact I do have easy access to hockey pucks. My son used to play not long ago, so I still have a few laying around here somewhere ?.

Thanks for all replies.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
As a matter of fact I do have easy access to hockey pucks. My son used to play not long ago, so I still have a few laying around here somewhere ?.

Thanks for all replies.
Bully for you!! (pun intended!) :lol:

Reactions: Jill
1 - 9 of 9 Posts