Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys this has started popping up on the display on engine start up, have done some research and tried a couple of things the bulb is fine and it is not an earth issue either as have checked the plug etc and has good contact and the whole cluster unit dies without it so does anyone know what else may be causing this issue ? Is it the unit itself or something else ?

Cheers

·
Registered
870 Posts
before going any further crock clip a wire to the whole metal light earth bit and direct to neg battery.
bad earths can cause some strange symptoms.

·
Registered
687 Posts
if the earth is good, it maybe worth tweeking the angle of the offending pin to ensure it makes a good connection

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers I may give both these ideas a try it is literally just the brake light that doesn't work every other bulb is perfect

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Have you replaced the bulb after it blowing as sometimes you need to do a BSI reset as if the bulb shorts out when blowing the BSI will shut the circuit down and replacing the bulb is not enough.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes replaced bulb twice as thought may have a duff bulb, how do I do the reset then ??

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Already tried the earth jump wire hence why I said in post that it's not an earth issue, but thanks for reply

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Do a bsi reset look it up but the window down etc is non essential just follow the instructions and times and dont rush it this may well make it work sounds daft i know but it may well be the fix.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Done the bsi reset today following correct procedure with no luck !! Anyone help with this issue . ??

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Brake lights are driven from the BSI, switch has no direct influence.

You dont say exactly what model car you have so cant look up specific wiring diagram, but generally the wiring shows that individual wires for left and right brake lights and the high level brake light all come directly from the BSI. No fuses are shown in these 3 lines.

So you need to check continuity from the plug on the BSI to the light first, may just be a bad connection at the plug or break in the wiring.

Second would be to check that there is an output voltage at the particular pin from the bsi for the LH brake light when brake pedal is pressed.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
LH brake light wire is shown as coming from pin15 of the BSI and has wire code 2101. RH brake light from pin 14 and high level from pin 16. BSI plug is shown as white one [40V BA]

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cheers for the info but am unsure how to test this, when I checked the plugs on the rear light the earth pin was corroded so I am thinking that maybe it could be the unit itself

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Should not be difficult to figure out which wire activates the brake light in the tail light at the plug and then test it at the plug for voltage when brake light is activated. If you get voltage at the plug then the light assembly will need looking at/replacing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts