Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I have been a member for a while but haven't posted much, this may well be my first post here as I'm normally more active on the Dutch 306 forum.

I have Lexia3 interface connected to a XP emulated machine. Have the interface for more than 6 months but still unable to use it to this day. Have been in contact with the chinese support guy Marshall to get it going but these guys really suck in their support.

Diagbox 6.09 (I believe) is installed corerctly and the interface also seems to work properly, my problem is that it just does not connect or communicate to the car. It gives me the message "no response from vehicle"or the like.

Since this has not worked for me and I have tried everything I could I moved on to another diagnotics unit, the Autel MS704. However, this unit also wouldn't read my 12/1999, 306 ph3. So I sent that unit back and and they claimed that older peugeots are terrible to diagnose. Indeed!

So my last hope is this forum since there are some real experts here on the matter that hopefully are willing to help my tackle these issues. Since I'm at work now I can't give more details about firmware version etc. but I can do so tonight.

If anyone has experience with the lexia interface not connecting properly or at least communicating with a 306 please let me know.

Oh, forgot to mention that the interface has also been sent back to china for repair but apperantly they were unable to find a fault. I don't trust that as their information about the repair was very vague and contradictory.

Anyways, happy to be here and I look forward to fixing this longterm problem!

Regards,
Floris

P

·
0 Posts
Hi all,

I have been a member for a while but haven't posted much, this may well be my first post here as I'm normally more active on the Dutch 306 forum.

I have Lexia3 interface connected to a XP emulated machine. Have the interface for more than 6 months but still unable to use it to this day. Have been in contact with the chinese support guy Marshall to get it going but these guys really suck in their support.

Diagbox 6.09 (I believe) is installed corerctly and the interface also seems to work properly, my problem is that it just does not connect or communicate to the car. It gives me the message "no response from vehicle"or the like.

Since this has not worked for me and I have tried everything I could I moved on to another diagnotics unit, the Autel MS704. However, this unit also wouldn't read my 12/1999, 306 ph3. So I sent that unit back and and they claimed that older peugeots are terrible to diagnose. Indeed!

So my last hope is this forum since there are some real experts here on the matter that hopefully are willing to help my tackle these issues. Since I'm at work now I can't give more details about firmware version etc. but I can do so tonight.

If anyone has experience with the lexia interface not connecting properly or at least communicating with a 306 please let me know.

Oh, forgot to mention that the interface has also been sent back to china for repair but apperantly they were unable to find a fault. I don't trust that as their information about the repair was very vague and contradictory.

Anyways, happy to be here and I look forward to fixing this longterm problem!

Regards,
Floris
I would uninstall diagbox and install planet directly. I suspect the 306 is to old for diagbox.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is kinda wierd advice I would say. Did you know the 306 is supported in diagbox? I know many others using diagbox with their 306 so why not mine?

Have not tested my car on another diagbox setup though...

P

·
0 Posts
That is kinda wierd advice I would say. Did you know the 306 is supported in diagbox? I know many others using diagbox with their 306 so why not mine?

Have not tested my car on another diagbox setup though...
Yes i know 306 is on diagbox but sometimes they don't like to work with diagbox. i had a couple 307's that wouldn't communicate with diagbox but did with planet.

Nothing weird at all.

·
Registered
14,933 Posts
I ONLY use planet as it works even on 306s you may have too new a version installed as this also causes issues

Try your set up on another Peugeot or citroen car see if it can read anything

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK guys, tonight I will uninstall diagbox and install pp2000.
Any advice as to what version i should install? I think I have version 22 something IIRC.

Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK so I updated pp2000 to V. 25.01. I run it on VMware with XP and when I use diagtool to make a connection with the car, it tries to but always comes up with "the electronic unit is not responding".
In VMware it is nice to be able to see activity on the USB hub with incoming and outgoing flashing. I see that when hit OK it sends out but there is no response.

What to do? This has been my problem for a long time so I'm kinda stuck.:nono:

·
Registered
107 Posts
OK so I updated pp2000 to V. 25.01. I run it on VMware with XP and when I use diagtool to make a connection with the car, it tries to but always comes up with "the electronic unit is not responding".
In VMware it is nice to be able to see activity on the USB hub with incoming and outgoing flashing. I see that when hit OK it sends out but there is no response.

What to do? This has been my problem for a long time so I'm kinda stuck.:nono:
just one thing are u using software on windows 7 or xp I cant get pp2000 to connect through virtual xp so loaded diagbox onto windows 7 also is your interface compatible with diagbox 06.01. even got xp and pp2000 on spare hard drive takes 30 seconds to change hard drive . get interface checker and see what that says or if that will connect to interface at all.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Mintor,

Yes I use virtualbox to run XP on my win7 laptop. I then enable the interface and that connection works fine.

Interface checker gives me firmware version 4.2.2.

Should I update it to another firmware version? Did try 4.2.8 in the past without success.

Commnication with the interface is good, from interface to car not. I also find that the connector in the interface to the OBD plug is not fitting well, there is a lump in the connector that does not really fit in there, it goes but another diag unit I tried (without success) did not have this and fitted well.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi Mintor,

Yes I use virtualbox to run XP on my win7 laptop. I then enable the interface and that connection works fine.

Interface checker gives me firmware version 4.2.2.

Should I update it to another firmware version? Did try 4.2.8 in the past without success.

Commnication with the interface is good, from interface to car not. I also find that the connector in the interface to the OBD plug is not fitting well, there is a lump in the connector that does not really fit in there, it goes but another diag unit I tried (without success) did not have this and fitted well.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Usually they will find right firmware if you have diagbox 06.01 why not install on windows 7 I have 07.01 up and runing on windows 7 no luck with virtual xp. Just one thing what interface is yours b or c about 3 lines down checker if I can remember 4.2.2 is for pp2000 diagbox will have higher 1 like 4.2.3

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi,

I have revision B according to checker. I thought PP2000 did not run well on win7, you say it does? If so, I could try and install it there. Cheers.

Btw, I have diagbox 6.09, and yes it is terribly slow on XP.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi,

I have revision B according to checker. I thought PP2000 did not run well on win7, you say it does? If so, I could try and install it there. Cheers.

Btw, I have diagbox 6.09, and yes it is terribly slow on XP.
You are doing well to get 06.09 to run on revision b most people on here add to flash interface to c to work other than loading pp2000 on xp don't know what to say sorry

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
works now!

Finally, managed to get it working on another old laptop running xp. So after all this crap it turns out this virtualbox emulation was causing all the troubles.

So happy to finally be able to see some live data. I did not however, find any option to get access to the STFT and LTFT tables. Is it possible to see this with PP2000?

Thanks everyone,

Floris

1 - 16 of 16 Posts