Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all. will this diagbox work on windows 7 and with a 51 plate 307?

it seems cheap how can i tell if its a real one

can i recode keys and stuff? what cant i do with this kit

R

·
0 Posts
if you dont mind spending a little more then i can recomend jim at Countdown - EasyDiagnostic his is the latest diagbox comes with everything you need and you get the best aftersales he also helps get you up and running if you have problems and if it dont work money back garrenty.give him a call hes easy to talk to..yes more exspensive but in my oppion worth the extra ££..

R

·
0 Posts
its not genuine none of them are anyway they are all clones a genuine one will set you back a good few hundred..

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
who make them then? how come they can do so much like tell the car theres no dpf filter. re code keys that sort of stuff

·
Registered
402 Posts
I believe the Chinese made the original ones, and while they were at it why not make some (a lot) extra and sell them to amateurs

Holt

·
Registered
14,541 Posts
EVERYTHING electronic is made in china now regardless of where you think it comes from

The planet clones can do everything a genuine planet can do because they copied it :)

LAUNCH diagnostic machine uses a copy of planet to read peugeots layout is the same although execution is different same with all the other brands it covers its just trimmed down versions of the dealer software it is also made in china :)

Everything even so called quality brands all originate in china your computer for example

Apple products made in china for peanuts sold to numptys for massive profit

·
Registered
402 Posts
The Chinese stole the software from Scarymistake, in fact his name are on the programs that came with mine.
I don't believe they copied them, i think they mass produced an early model they originally made for PSA, why copy if you already have the production line for the original.

Holt

·
Registered
14,541 Posts
Rgardless of the terminology it is still a clone of the original psa system i doubt psa gave them the right to clone copy redistribute make there own call it what you will :)

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so if i buy it will it be a good investment for my 307?

when the diagnostics are updated can you do it online. i see discs for sale with different versions on

R

·
0 Posts
if you own a 307 ya ganna need it im yet to hear of anyone with a 307 that hasnt needed it at some point..

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i dont have any issues but im looking to buy a newer 307 in the future and my missus will have my one

when someone says they have peugeot planet is this what they have?

are they up datable. can i recode keys with it?

what cant be done?

R

·
0 Posts
yes its the same.you can do all that the dealer can apart from updating ecus.

·
Registered
402 Posts
The most clever thing you could do is to buy an old notebook with xp, and dedicate it to DiagBox. I have an 10.1" notebook, very easy to bring with me in the car, i installed DiagBox for a friend on his 17" laptop and brought it in the car for testing, but i found it much to big to have there. When i install cruise control for customers, they usually sit at the passenger seat and follow my work, i couldn't do that with a 17" because the only place for it would be the passenger seat.

Holt

D

·
0 Posts
I removed diagbox from my windows 7 laptop. Its nothing but grief running it on it. Looking for an older xp laptop also.

Sent from my GT-S5690 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i have purchased pp and have sourced a half decent laptop which i will wipe and run on windows xp

one day we may be able to run it on windows 7 safely

im not looking forward to downloading the drivers for everything on xp though lol

1 - 20 of 34 Posts