Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've bitten the bullet and purchased one of these off easydiagnostics. I liked the 'easy' bit and the support that I will not doubt be using as I blunder my way through buggering up the 307.

My question is :

My laptop is Vista 32 bit - do I need a separate disk partition with XP installed or is the 'compatibility' mode suitable?

Ta

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
best use vmware or another partition to use xp...from what i understand is vista uses a different file system to XP.

BUT....

windows 7 uses the same as Xp so i cant see any issue in installing using compatibilty mode on 7.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ta - sounds like partition magic with real XP install is the way forward.

I'm interested in seeing the various fault codes - I understand that the car remembers these.

You know, this 307 is starting to grow on me - I didn't in my wildest dreams imagine that I'd ever say this - but I've picked up a lot of useful info from the forum which has in turn saved a few quid. Marvellous :thumb:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Ive always been told not to use anything that messes with the MBR (partition) it could wreck your vista install....ive used it myself with no issues but dont say no one warned ya lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm downloading Vmware Player now - save messing about with partitions. If all else fails I can dig out an old laptop - but it's from the neolithic period.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The XP install disc is corrupt - and as it may not work anyway - the old tosh laptop will have to come out of retirement. Must try and find the wind up key.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
U can download an XP disk iso and use the licence to activate it. Once its installed ensure you connect the usb and use to disconnect from host, connect to client function. I do this for various versions of IDS, ecat and etis. I did it in past for planet aswell...i think i have an image somewhere

EDIT: just found a disk with a copy...no idea what version but I suppose its old...but from what I can remember it works...I can upload to a protected torrent for THIS forum only, if peeps are interested.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Heres a torrent, for my VMware image, for testing...

1. make sure you have 7z installed. - 7-Zip
2. open the zip file attached to this
3. Use your torrent software to open the torrent and download the files.
3a. here is a free torrent software if you require - µTorrent - a (very) tiny BitTorrent client
4. once downloaded, PM me for the password to access the file
5. extract the folder
6. use VMware to open the virtual machine.
7. test using your Lexia device.

EDIT: This is for testing only :wink: I will leave my laptop on long as I can to seed. Im on a 60mb line so it should be a decent speed.

:thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just spent all Sunday trying to install diagbox :

my old XP laptop only has a CD drive - I need a DVD drive - useless.
tried to install xp using vmware - xp cd is corrupt.
dusted off old hard drive - installed in current laptop which has a dvd.
formatted drive and installed XP (another cd).
tried to install 7.15 off dvd - corrupt file won't install.
tried to install 6.01 - asks for customer name - don't know what this is?
tried installing patch software for 6.01 - didn't work.
Went off for a sulk a whole day wasted.

How the f do you install diagbox?

·
Registered
28 Posts
diagbox install

hi

any buyer who is having difficulties installing diagbox can simply give us a call, and we can arrange a suitable time for both parties to remotely install the software for you.

like the name says EASY diagnostics

Jim
EasyDiagnostics

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, downloaded some instructions from the easydiagnostic website and just installed pp2000 - a really old version - but then my car is also really old.

It works - the trip computer was already switched on, so the previous owner must have tinkered at some stage. I followed stubbos advice and connected two links in the stalk - it now shows mpg.

Still can't get the diagnostics part to work - but in time I'll sus it out.

You lot on here were as useful as a cat flap in an elephant house when it came to advice installing the software. :(

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I've just read that the Peugeot Planet Diag option is not available/does not work - so the kit is fully functional.

Interesting that the engine ecu reported no faults - given that I've had an 'anti pollution' message.

For anyone interested in buying this kit - the easydiagnostic equipment works with my 307 -some of the cheaper kit doesn't apparently.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts