Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I didn't want to hijack anyone else's thread so thought I would post another, I hope that's ok.

Last night I installed Lexia 3 on a windows 8 64 bit laptop and it works fine apart from small niggling issue.

When ever I launch the application it gives me an error message saying that Net Framework 3.5 isn't installed and do I want to download it and install.

As I already have a higher version of Net Framework installed as part of the windows 8 base build is there anyway I can stop the software running a check for Net Framework 3.5 or tell the software I have a higher version?

As you can tell I am new to Lexia (only got my Peugeot a week ago) and it looks more confusing than the VW VCDS I am used to. Are there any good user guides or tutorials how to use the software?

When I was learning to use VCDS there was so many resources including the manufacturers site (rosstech) however there doesn't appear to be the same coverage of support materials for Lexia.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read this and hopefully offering some advice.

Noel

·
Registered
165 Posts
It doesn't matter if you have a higher version or not, apps target a specific version sometimes depending on what they were written with

Install .net 3.5, no more error message! (you can install 3.5 behind 4/4.5 and above, they run side by side)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried to install 3.5 also but it wont let me as 4.0 is installed, I'll have another go and see if I can get it to work.

·
Registered
165 Posts
How are you doing it?

On windows 10 i either do it using the control panel > programs and features > Turn windows features on or off

Or using DISM if you're comfortable doing that

Both ways will need the windows CD/USB media

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm doing it via cmd prompt. It is possible the ISO I have for windows 8.1 64 bit pro has a problem (downloaded it ages ago).

I'll download another version tonight and see if that fixes the problem.

·
Registered
165 Posts
You running this command? (assuming your CD drive (or mounted ISO file) is D)

DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:D:\sources\sxs

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally got it all working without the prompt to install NetFramework 3.5 by installing windows from scratch and removing NetFramework 4.0 via control panel and then installing v3.5 and enabling v4 again.

No sure why it wouldn't install v3.5 before that but at least its working now and the Lexia (Diagbox) software runs as expected and is able to talk to the car and do a full scan, now I just need to figure out how to use the rest of it.

Thanks for all the help from everyone who replied.

Noel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts