Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Have purchased a Lexia 3 with Diagbox software.

Go through the process of installation ok but ulitmately get to a window that says - 'Access to the vehicle communication card impossible, validate to try again or Cancel to ignore'.

On the installation disk there doesn't seem to be any drivers - in the device manager my Lexia appears as a 'Generic CardBus Controller' - is this correct ??

I would have thought it'd have its own driver rather than a standard microsoft one ??

Any help / assistance would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Ian B

·
Registered
481 Posts
Just to be sure , you get this message with the interface plugged in?

Was it new or second hand? I have an interface that is 'bricked' ie corrupt after a woman pulled the EOBD plug out while it was communicating !! I now get this message when its plugged in.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just to be sure , you get this message with the interface plugged in?

Was it new or second hand? I have an interface that is 'bricked' ie corrupt after a woman pulled the EOBD plug out while it was communicating !! I now get this message when its plugged in.
Hi,

I get this message when the unit is plugged into the computer - haven't had it plugged into the car yet...

It's a brand new unit.

Cheers,

Ian B

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i had this with mine. tryed it in a different usb socket and worked fine. i also have to use the same usb socket every time.
Hi,

That's good to know I'll try that...

The error message - is this something that you see if you're not connected to the car (but do have the interface connected)..??

Cheers,

Ian B

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
let us know how you get on:thumb:
OK.

Have had it connected to my 207 and still no joy - just keep getting the 'access to the vehicle communication card impossible' window...

If I close this (ignore) it just comes back to haunt me.

The person I bought the kit from isn't being very helpful either.

Only thing I can think of is if there's a specific driver for the interface - any ideas folks ??

Cheers,

Ian B

·
Registered
580 Posts
im sure when i installed mine and after i had installed the software i plugged the lead in and it found the driver off the disc. then when i tryed plugging the lead in to a different usb port i got the message you are getting. try plugging it in to a differennt usb port and make sure you have the disc in the drive.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im sure when i installed mine and after i had installed the software i plugged the lead in and it found the driver off the disc. then when i tryed plugging the lead in to a different usb port i got the message you are getting. try plugging it in to a differennt usb port and make sure you have the disc in the drive.
Hi Paul,

When I installed the driver, I did point it at my disc but there wasn't anything there to pick up - so I had to install it through windows...

Initially it used the default driver - then I tried the 'automatic windows update' which I assume looks online... this told me that I have the latest driver but no joy there.

I have tried all 3 ports on my lap top to no avail.

As it would appear the norm, I'm getting very frustrated by it all - but absolutely refuse to take it to a dealer... all I want is my USB box to be enabled !!

Aside from the diagbox install I can see anything on my disc that relates to the interface itself - should there be ??

Thanks,

Ian B

·
Registered
580 Posts
your not alone at having problems took me ages to get planet working then diagbox and in not very experienced on it hopefully someone with a better knowledge will be along soon to help you as im out of ideas. only other thing i can suggest is start again with a fresh install of xp and reinstall diagbox. this is what i did serveral times and got it working in the end

·
11,830 Posts
I think we could do with some new instructions. I tried with Diagbox 6 last week and there were some many old or missing guides I didn't get anywhere.

Tried to go back to 5 only to find I'm missing the patch file!

·
Registered
580 Posts
I think we could do with some new instructions. I tried with Diagbox 6 last week and there were some many old or missing guides I didn't get anywhere.

Tried to go back to 5 only to find I'm missing the patch file!
i got my diagbox off bettyswallocks and its a put disc in hit install and sit back. installs it all in one go and no need to activate it. works a treat and a piece of p*** to install even i managed it

·
Registered
403 Posts
The Lexus doesn't run on windows 7. I. Have heard there is a version that works on win 7 32bit though. As far as I know, you have to install diagbox on windows xp home which is 32 bit. I am running pp2000 on vmware with windows xp home because I can't install diagbox.

Sent from my LG-P500 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
had enough playing around so have sent it back.

ordered a kit from easy diagnostics - should be here tomorrow !!

thanks for all responses / help.

ian b

1 - 19 of 19 Posts