Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When buying our new Peugeot we are also buying into Peugeot customer services and administrative systems. For my part this is one part of ordering my new car I have not been wholly satisfied with and from many of the comments contained in forum posts I'm not alone! I have determined to take it to the MD's office and written to David Peel as follows:

Dear Mr Peel

As a prospective Peugeot 3008 owner and a contributor to peugeotforums.com, I must express concern that the process between ordering and build/delivery has been shrouded in mystery and poor customer experience is dominating the forum. For my part I am advised my vehicle is in transit but this information was only made available after intervention from your office and for which I thank you. It is evident that members accept the appeal of the 3008 is affecting supply and there will be delays in delivery but your dealerships and Peugeot Customer Service, appear to be kept in the dark and are referring your customers to each other and where neither can supply the answers. Communication is vital and fundamental to any organisation and with this in mind can you please comment on the following, which I shall pass on via the forum:

Are dealers delaying placing orders to meet periodic targets?
Why aren't vehicles with similar specification built in strict date order?
Do Peugeot appreciate for many this represents a considerable purchase and our need for information shouldn't be underestimated?
Are Peugeot aware this is creating poor customer relations?
Who do customers contact to receive updates on their purchase?
If a car is damaged before delivery will a replacement receive preference?
Has Brexit influenced deliveries to the UK market?
Can we expect more robust policies in keeping the dealer network informed?

Thank you in anticipation of your advices and I sincerely trust this communication adequately portrays customer concerns ...Ends

I will post the reply when received.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I do hope they listen. Surely a forward looking company would want to improve on the currently abysmal level of communication around the order process.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Personally if I received such poor service BEFORE I even got the vehicle, whatever the manufacturer, I would have cancelled the order. There are plenty other options out there. And the threat of cancellation works wonders for a delivery date.

·
Premium Member
3,343 Posts
When you get the reply which says they haven't had any order from your dealer......

Seriously I have heard such stories, though not with Peugeot.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Well frustration builds , not the cars !!, i am just about to cancel my order as my dealer has not kept me informed and when asked for an order number the dealer says they do not have one ...Toyota may now get my custom !!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Ordered a GT Line 1.2 petrol on 23rd March ,no contact with dealer until today , states that they have a dealer order number only , not given to me , and no effort on the dealer to contact Peugeot to find out any info and pass it on to me , so today i have e-mailed Peugeot customer service to get them to give me the info ....awaiting reply

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I would insist on them giving you that order number because it is yours, not theirs (it should be 6 digits).
Peugeot customer services will be able to find it from your name and address, but I hope the dealer's reluctance to provide you with it, or contact Peugeot on your behalf doesn't indicate another case of placing orders at a time to suit them, and meet their quotas in a specific month. As your order was placed in late March, a month where quotas are usually far exceeded because of the new registration plate, I would be concerned that they might have held up the order until April. Hope I'm wrong, and that you get some good news.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Yes Lee correct there , i will wait till i get the answer from customer services and then all hell may break loose , will update on this page ( update means keeping people informed , something the dealers know nothing about )

·
Administrator
2,909 Posts
The lack of communication is indeed a fiasco.

Some manufactures issue your order number immediately and you log on to their webpage and it tells you what stage your vehicle is at.

I appreciate there is a cost to run this service however that would be offset by the time dealers and customer service spend doing it on request from us.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Yes Lee correct there , i will wait till i get the answer from customer services and then all hell may break loose , will update on this page ( update means keeping people informed , something the dealers know nothing about )
Did you order from a franchised main dealer? Find it hard to see why they wouldn't give you the order number unless they hadn't ordered the car as they'd get that number as soon as the place it on their system.

If you ordered via a broker or other agent then not getting the number is more understandable.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I suspect Peugeot is a victim of it's own success.
They have been nothing better than ok .....and generally that's with 'fans'.
The current 1.2 308 6A is a cracker and now they are 'lumbered with' a vehicle which has no peer.
What other vehicle at the same price point is truly a competitor?.
Not one, that I can think of.
PSA not long ago stated that there 1.2 engined products were their last chance for remaining stand alone manufacturers.

They could fix ALL the problems by going back to producing 'adequate' vehicles.

Those who now have their new 3008 aren't festering anymore, I suspect.
Dealers are probably flat out with orders and queries and putting even more pressure on PSA who are already flat out with a runaway success any barely adequate production line capacity.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.