Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, it's not exactly the sexiest Pug ever designed but, when it comes down to good old honest hard work and utter versatility, I reckon the 806 takes some beating! Don't think of it as some very distant relative of your hip and happening 307 GTI, but more of a dependable, old favourite uncle in the family.

I've had mine for 3 years now, and I love it. It's a '97 1.9TD Roland Garros with 130k of active service, and it'll do whatever I ask of it, every time. It replaced an ageing 405 GTX estate which was going to cost me money to keep it going.

Having decided that it'll fall apart before I ever sell it, I decided to give it a bit of a mini makeover. Bought a set of Alfa 147 alloys for £40 in the local paper, and swapped the existing 205/65 x 15 tyres from the 806 straight over - all 5 stud Alfa wheels and 806/Synergie/Ulysse/Zeta wheels are interchangeable. I wanted genuine 806 alloys of the time, but they're as rare as rocking horse s**t, so went for the same size in Alfa to maintain proportion.

OK, you can all wake up now...thanks for indulging me! I

Colston

Attachments

·
Registered
292 Posts
I know this is an old thread but just thought I would chip in with my experiences of the 806.

I have just lost my second 806 after someone drove into the back of me........ still wish I'd bought it from the Insurance company and had it repaired myself, It was a work horse and a half, never faulted, loads of room.....and believe me I filled it several times to capacity, literally and it still motored without a problem. She had 197,000 miles when she was retired.

If I had to pick one thing that could have been improved I would have to say that there was not much in the way of hidy holes and the like at the front, not even a cup holder.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts