Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i need to know if anyone has experience of this. Im well aware and have read the posts on battery replacements and the bsi reset... but i want to know HOW LONG i can keep the battery disconnected for without completely screwing things up...

I ask because i evidentally have to remove the battery AND battery box/plate to access the gearbox cable ends for replacement (see my previous posts)

307Sw 2.0 hdi xsi by the way...

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent, thanks!

I have just found out from an online Haynes manual that the battery, box and holder must been removed to fit new gear cables... so Ill be doing that saturday, hopefully with all the luck.

I might be in touch with you for my code, it never came with the car and I only have 1 key. I have been in touch with a guy close to me and he can code the chips.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats really good to know, Gibbo, thanks :) Im expecting the gear cable change will take me a couple of hours, so im relieved to know it shouldnt mess things up having it disconnected for this long :)

S

·
0 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Don't like the look of that :eek:

And correct me if I'm wrong but on my 407 for cig lighter to work/power going through it the ignition needs to be on, wouldn't risk it myself.

S

·
0 Posts
Don't worry i'm not going to try one, i'm a gambling man but even i know you'll never win against pug electrics!

Just saw it and got intrigued!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interesting item and in theory a good idea but will only work on cars which have a constant live on the cig lighter.. i think. Reviews seem to reflect this. nice idea though.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ok, so i need to know if anyone has experience of this. Im well aware and have read the posts on battery replacements and the bsi reset... but i want to know HOW LONG i can keep the battery disconnected for without completely screwing things up...

I ask because i evidentally have to remove the battery AND battery box/plate to access the gearbox cable ends for replacement (see my previous posts)

307Sw 2.0 hdi xsi by the way...

Thanks in advance
If it really worries you take the battery out and reconnect it at the side of the car on well insulated jump leads :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, news for everyone... I have only JUST completed the job, 12 hours.. yes... 12 cold long hard stressful hours. Put battery back in, ran through BSI restart procedure and hey presto, it worked!!!!!

Im not sure if its just me, but has anyone found starting after replacing the battery a bit lumpy? The car sounded as if it was firing on 2 then 3 cylinders, maybe... after a minute it was ok but really choked for a while.

·
Registered
315 Posts
the ECU has a load of self-learning to do. IIRC the Haynes for earlier models mentioned a 3rd gear full-throttle pull soon after reconnecting the system, to allow this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts