Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is probably a strange question but I'm going to ask anyway.

Passenger headlight is damaged, the front glass/plastic is smashed.

The only secondhand one I can find is about £800, I can however get a new aftermarket one BUT it's from Germany for about £250. Obviously it would be for a left hand drive car, can these be modified for fitting on a right hand drive car.

I believe I already know the answer, as I understand the beam would be the wrong way, just wondering if they can be changed.

The alternative would be to buy the one from Germany and try and take the front off it and put it on the old damaged one, I'll have to check to make sure there is no damage to the rear of the light. Has anyone ever taken the front glass/plastic off a headlight? Is it just a case of using a bit of heat to soften the glue/sealant?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha, I don't have a 4007 yet but seriously considering one, almost bought one about a week ago but it fell through, still looking and found one with damaged headlight so getting costs before taking the plunge

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Headlamps are left or right hand dipping. It is a function of the design of the lamp which way it dips, unfortunately for driving on the left you need a headlamp designed to dip left. UK, Irish Republic, Malta and Cyprus cars will have left hand dip.

Roger.

·
6,085 Posts
If the front lens is the only part broken and its a clear lens then you should be able to swap parts as "dipping" part will be in the shape of the reflector

1 - 12 of 12 Posts