Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
In tests the LEDs are better - but that's mostly the original ones (fitted from the factory)...

many car companies (like Porsche) went from Xenons to LEDs and on their 911 it should give about 20% better lightning AND 'smarter' lighting (with adaptive lengh, cornering etc. )

Also, are xenons significantly better than LEDs?.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
In tests the LEDs are better - but that's mostly the original ones (fitted from the factory)...

many car companies (like Porsche) went from Xenons to LEDs and on their 911 it should give about 20% better lightning AND 'smarter' lighting (with adaptive lengh, cornering etc. )
I've gained the impression that LEDs are more ruggedly reliable, use less power, and are cheaper, is that a fair summation?.

·
Registered
111 Posts
That's pretty much how I see it aswell :)))

Here is an interesting video about it... and these are both factory lighting (as far as I know) so better than most videos where they fit cheap Chinese kits.. :)

I've gained the impression that LEDs are more ruggedly reliable, use less power, and are cheaper, is that a fair summation?.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Think LED's are Legal it was the xenon or something headlight conversion that was illegal because they would dazzle oncoming cars something to do with the reflector. this is remembered from deep in my tiny brain and could be a load of rubbish not sure lol

·
Registered
765 Posts
Think LED's are Legal it was the xenon or something headlight conversion that was illegal because they would dazzle oncoming cars something to do with the reflector. this is remembered from deep in my tiny brain and could be a load of rubbish not sure lol
All a bit of a grey area really. HID's were meant to be fitted with washers, as the lights could dazzle off refractions on dirty lenses. Also they should be fitted with projector lamps( the glass convex in front of the bulb).

Most cars getting the upgrade to either HID or LED won't have projector lamps so run the risk of a poor beam pattern outcome.

I did a hi-low conversion to HID on a mk2 mondeo and it would pass MOT's fine as I don't think there is much in there outside of beam height to test.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.