Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I replaced the old yellowish W5W bulbs for white leds and now I'm getting a warning message on the screen.

Is there any fix for this?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
nothing to worry about... the led lights have negative and positive.. switch them round, and it will work fine and wont give any warning.. try with one side first...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They don't work when I switch them round. They only work in one position and this position is causing a warning message to come up. I believe this is caused by the lower resistancy of the led bulb. Theoreticaly it should be solved by adding a resistor to the led bulb but I'm not quite sure how to do it.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I have not used them on sidelights but, you dont need resistance... thats why I asked you to change one side first.. its to do with polarity... try it see how you get on...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already tried that, they don't work when I turn them round :/

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi! I don't know but I have sort of the same problem! All the time when I push the break pedal I received a warning message that " Light indicator(s) is faulty" or sometimes when I use the left signal the message is that the bulb is faulty! Is the sensor faulty or shoul I try to take off the bulbs and clean them, could be this the problem? I would like to avoid a PUG dealer cuz they will charge me a lot. What do u suggest?... aPeugeot dealer or should I try how I said?? Thank a lot!! I love this forum!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Scotcruz said:
nothing to worry about... the led lights have negative and positive.. switch them round, and it will work fine and wont give any warning.. try with one side first...
Hi! I don't know but I have sort of the same problem! All the time when I push the break pedal I received a warning message that " Light indicator(s) is faulty" or sometimes when I use the left signal the message is that the bulb is faulty! Is the sensor faulty or should I try to take off the bulbs and clean them, could be this the problem? I would like to avoid a PUG dealer cuz they will charge me a lot. What do u suggest?... a Peugeot dealer or should I try how I said?? Thank a lot!! I love this forum!!! Sorry for repeating myself!!!:)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
piotrpakos said:
I already tried that, they don't work when I turn them round :/
dont know bigman.. its really hard to tell without seeing it.. clearly there is a short circuit on the either side... have you checked the contacts ??

DiazSprite, it sounds if though one of the leds on the high mount break light is fused or one of the bulbs.. have you checked/replaced the bulbs ??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Scotcruz said:
dont know bigman.. its really hard to tell without seeing it.. clearly there is a short circuit on the either side... have you checked the contacts ??

DiazSprite, it sounds if though one of the leds on the high mount break light is fused or one of the bulbs.. have you checked/replaced the bulbs ??
I will to check the contacts in the next days! Apparantely all the bulbs are ok cuz all of them are working but u never know. By the way ... do u know what this warning message means "Direction indicator(s) faulty" - appears when I press the break pedal??? Thanks for your reply!!

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
Assuming that the bulbs are working, which i take it they are :rolleyes:, the problem is the led bulbs are less of a load, so the car thinks they aren't working even tho they are! You can put a resistor in but don't ask me how! If it were me I'd just order a set of canbus friendly ones off flea-bay.

Worse if you have a VAG car. They turn the power supply off to the bulb so they won't even light up!

·
Registered
119 Posts
a sidelight bulb is 5W so takes about 0.4 amps of current.

about 40 ohms of resistance across the LED should do it, but it needs a be a 5W resistor or it will burn out

·
Registered
119 Posts
the coil on a relay draws less than 100mA whereas a sidelight bulb takes more like 350mA. Maybe it could work or maybe no. It would involve hacking the wiring loom though so probably an LED bulb that's designed for cars with bulb failure warning would be better.

That has kind of given my an idea though.....

·
Registered
215 Posts
Been watching this one with interest.. First the car thinks the bulbs are O/C because they aren't using a fraction of the std bulb power and I would suggest just putting std bulbs back in would be my favorite repair.
Even if you can work out and fit the right resistor to fool the car, there's more to go wrong there than a bulb.
While the massive LEDs fitted as standard to a lot of cars now are legal, it's debatable whether the piddling little things that fit a std bulb socket are, on a car originaly fitted with bulbs as standard.
My old 406 failed an MOT because of these particular nuisences, the garage quoted the limited light spectrum emitted and showed me what they were talking about on a spectrum chart.

Course I may be living in the 406 past with this opinion :nono:

·
Registered
119 Posts
I am wondering whether 503H bulbs would fit.

If so it could be interesting to power them off ign+ so that they are on all the time and put 5W resistors on the sidelight circuit to keep the bulb warning system happy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.