Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i recently bought ten lcd bulbs for the ambient light look can anybody tell me why the middle bulb when key is out and doors locked that there is still a dim light on is this natural and will they drain my battery cheers guys for any help

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
because led bulbs draw a lot less current than standard bulbs, so they will light with less current. my old 407 had led interior bulbs and the door puddle lights were always faintly lit.

·
Registered
148 Posts
A 407 doesn't shut down completely immediately after the doors are locked. It takes a couple of minutes for the car to shut down completely.

If you read the manual it actually warns that you must wait two minutes before disconnecting the battery, presumably because the cars electronics are still powered.

I thought I had a problem with my high level brake light on my SW as it was slightly lit after I locked the car. After a couple of minutes the light went off.

C

·
0 Posts
I put leds in wife's car the main one is on faintly when locked too and it's been like it for a couple of years now without issue, as already mention I'd put it down to leds needing less power.

Peugeot Planet owner, Doncaster

1 - 5 of 5 Posts