Peugeot Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
My June 2012 508 SW GT (2.2ltr HDi) would appear to be the same as Mwyatt's, as I have the option to turn the daytime lights on or off in the configuration menu. I suspect that it's an option on Peugeots sold in the UK because daytime lights aren't compulsory here. I don't know what country MaoTheBig lives in but if daytime lights are a legal requirement there, then it would not be sensible to have the option to turn them off as doing so, inadvertently, could land you in trouble.
You are right..... in my country (Slovakia) daytime lights are mandatory... So this might be the reason. However - I am that kind of "pain-in-the-ass" customer that would really love be able to turn it ON (and leave it turned on) in the Car Menu. In other words - have all things under control and be able to decide what to do with the options. :thumb:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hi MaoTheBig, thanks for your comments, I suspect that here in the UK the running lights on/off is an option that is not available to you in your country.
Picture attached of my Lighting/Configuration menu.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Speedometer Audi

Martin.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
yes obviously you have that option and I dont.
thats what i dont like but at least the LEDs work as they should.
my side point is that if you are paying 43000 euros for the best that Peugeot currently makes - it is a shame to see options removed from your configs or setups menus.
i know this one seems like a silly minor detail but i have more examples and at this level it is about the details right?

cheers

·
Registered
357 Posts
yes obviously you have that option and I dont.
thats what i dont like but at least the LEDs work as they should.
my side point is that if you are paying 43000 euros for the best that Peugeot currently makes - it is a shame to see options removed from your configs or setups menus.
i know this one seems like a silly minor detail but i have more examples and at this level it is about the details right?

cheers
Go check service box with your VIN number entered and then click on Characteristics and expand the various sections to see what is/is not fitted in your car.

·
9,017 Posts
DRL now mandatory in UK that is why option is blocked for UK models from end of 2012

·
Registered
149 Posts
DRL now mandatory in UK that is why option is blocked for UK models from end of 2012
It actually became a legal requirement in the UK for all new types of cars and small vans in February 2011, trucks and buses followed in August 2012.

There is currently no requirement to retro-fit DRL's to vehicles in the UK registered prior to these dates.

Note: This does not mean that every new car first registered after February 2011 will have DRL fitted. The requirement only applies to models that go through the European whole vehicle type approval process after that date i.e. new or substantially facelifted models.

They should be on at all times when the engine is running, but no other exterior lights should be on (except for Volvo strangely)

They should also dim when the headlights are on, and if near to the indicator light, should also dim when the indicator is operating.

·
Registered
23 Posts
DRLs also mandatory in Finland, and we have the option to turn them on or off via the car config menu.

If the option is missing it's a wrong coding in the car not that it's missing because DRL are a legal requirement.
Someone has been playing with Maos configuration and looks like this option was left unticked.
Take it to dealers and have them code the lights correctly.

·
Registered
357 Posts
DRLs also mandatory in Finland, and we have the option to turn them on or off via the car config menu.

If the option is missing it's a wrong coding in the car not that it's missing because DRL are a legal requirement.
Someone has been playing with Maos configuration and looks like this option was left unticked.
Take it to dealers and have them code the lights correctly.
I assume where DRL's are mandatory the car is set up with the option to turn them on or off is removed so that users cannot break the law, either by intent or accident. As another comment has stated it all depends on when the car was made in relation to the law coming in.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I assume where DRL's are mandatory the car is set up with the option to turn them on or off is removed so that users cannot break the law, either by intent or accident. As another comment has stated it all depends on when the car was made in relation to the law coming in.
I don't think so. I've seen the technical bulletin which has guide for dealers how to configure drl's. There's one point for enabling the menu item.

My car is model year 2014. We have mandatory drls and I have the menu option to enable/disable them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am also interested in closing the motorized boot via a button from either inside the car or the remote control.

Somehow the mandatory use of the button on TOP of the boot prevents this feature to be an awesome one. I like motorized boot because I have a lot of things to carry sometimes but then to have to stretch all the way up and reach the button is a bleh.

so to use the key which is in my hands would be awesome. I know VAGs can be programmed, but what about 508s? (PS, I have RXH version fyi)

·
Registered
6 Posts
The DRL menu can be de-/activated with DiagBOX.

As for the closing of the tailgate -no coding for that, but there is an easy fast fix. You just cut the wire from the dashboard button and add it to the tailgate open/close button. Et voila, 10min job and now the dash button opens and closes the tailgate.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts