Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I have 508SW GT with directional xenon lights and LED day lights.
All fine but I have no idea how to turn on or turn off the LED day lights?
Is there a button for that?
Is it automatic?
When do the LEDs turn on and when do they turn off - how can I influence it?
I dont even know if they are turned on or off.

Any ideas please on how does it actually work?

---
another question I have is:

Is it possible to close the motorized boot on the SW version by pressing a button from inside of the car?
Or do I always have to get out of the car and press the button on the boot-door manually?

thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi there,

Is it automatic?

---

Is it possible to close the motorized boot on the SW version by pressing a button from inside of the car?
Or do I always have to get out of the car and press the button on the boot-door manually?

thanks!
Hi,

I think you can turn them off, but then all lights along with interior lighting would be off if I'm not mistaken. Boot door can only be opened from inside the car, I really hope I'm wrong here as I'd like to have this option as well.

Cheers

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hi there,

Is it automatic?

---

thanks!
In some countries the daytime running lights are a legal requirement. Here, in the UK, they're optional and can be activated or de-activated via the vehicle configuration menu. There is no simple on/off button.

I don't have a motorised tailgate on my 508 SW GT so I can't help you with that, sorry.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello.

I have 508 GT too, but not SW.

On my 508 i have Xenon lights and LED daylights.

LED daylights are turned ON always (day and night).

Xenon lights automatic turn ON, when is night out or its raining. So there are automatic switching (helped by sensors).

When Xenon lights turn ON, LED daylight shine less. When Xenon lights turn OFF, LED daylight shine more.

BUT i can turn OFF my Xenon lights when i want it (although it is night outside), but the visibility is very poor because only LED lights shine.

How to do that - just rotate button on the left-handles of the steering wheel.

Use your manual - there you have instructions with picture :cool:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys,

Valuable info.
As I now know they have to always be turned on.
Mandatory daylights are not a problem I have them turned on always, but according to what you say - LED lights should be turned on with them as well - only their intensity changes.

Right?

The problem I am sensing here - is that my LED lights are turned OFF - always!

When I bought the car I know they worked.... but it might be that some asshole in the local service turned them off....... since some time - they are just turned off...

I will visit them and tell them to turn them on.
I doubt they are broken - that's 0,5% possibility I guess.

thanks,

-M.

·
Registered
25 Posts

thanks!
Nope this is for security reason, only the boot button, no remote or inside button, I know on some VAG cars it is programmable but not agreed by VAG
at their own risk.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i guess the boot is just like that but it doesnt mean it is a good way to do it. if i could change it by setting the car computer to allow it - i would.

also what i have learned at peugeot service is that the LED lights on GT version with directional bixenons are only the ones inside of the main lights - the ones in a circle next to the xenon lights.
the thin horizontal line under the main light is just a decorative stripe with no bulbs or leds inside. part of that decorative "stripe" that actuall really looks like it should shine is direction blinker.

well... i dont know what to think frankly.

·
Registered
370 Posts
On my 508GT I can turn the Daytime Running Lights on or off as follows,
On the steering wheel, press the "config" button twice, then select "lighting", on the display in front of the driver, among the parameters that can be set by the user is "daytime running lights".
Martin.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On the steering wheel, press the "config" button twice, then select "lighting", on the display in front of the driver, among the parameters that can be set by the user is "daytime running lights".
Martin.
thats cool but can you check if you have directional bixenon lights as on GT version AND what lights does it actually turn on(off). and perhaps take a photo?

the point is if you have GT version the "thin horizontal Led-like-looking stripes" under the main lights do not shine at all and are only decorative.
correct?

·
Registered
25 Posts
thats cool but can you check if you have directional bixenon lights as on GT version AND what lights does it actually turn on(off). and perhaps take a photo?

the point is if you have GT version the "thin horizontal Led-like-looking stripes" under the main lights do not shine at all and are only decorative.
correct?
Only on the GT and high end models with the DRL as option will only have the Led's the bulb activated DRL next the blinker is the standard and not supported on the Led models, I prefer the led, much brighter and they will illuminate not as bright when the normal lights are on, they will dimmed when the xenon's where switched on.

There was a thread about this item on a dutch forum with some photo's maybe it will help you out.
If any help (language) is needed feel free.

http://peugeot508club.nl/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=703

·
Registered
327 Posts
Photo of daytime running lights on my 2012 GT

Curiously I am not able to give you a photo of what the LED looks like when the main Xenon lights are on, as the LEDs appear to be flashing/strobing! ...so this indicates that they do take on a different appearance when the main lights are on.

I shall have to try again when its dark to see what I can capture on a photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Martin.
By the way:

There is no option like that on the GT version... just these three:

- Welcome Lighting (s)
- Follow me home (s)
- Directional Headlamps (yes/no)

that all GT has under Lighting menu.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hi MaoTheBig, on my 508GT, (June 2012), I have an additional option in the "lighting" section, that is "daytime lights" on/off. (it might say "daytime running lights", I cannot remember exactly the wording on the screen. I will check again this morning and post my observation.
Martin.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi MaoTheBig, on my 508GT, (June 2012), I have an additional option in the "lighting" section, that is "daytime lights" on/off. (it might say "daytime running lights", I cannot remember exactly the wording on the screen. I will check aging this morning and post my observation.
Martin.
That's interesting... Can you tell what does it do?
Does it turn on/off the LED lights (in a circle) in the main light? (As on the picture attached by Antony508)?
Or does it turn on/off something else? :eek:

thanks!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hi MaoTheBig, I have taken some pictures of my 508GT to illustrate the LEDs that operate as sidelights.
With Running lights switched on, the 7 LEDs are on all the time the engine is running. With the running lights switched off, the 7 LEDs operate as sidelights as one would expect.
At no point could I duplicate the picture showing only 1 of the LEDs alight.
I am having difficulty uploading pictures.... will try later
Martin.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Thanks man, this is correct I believe - and I've got it on mine GT like that too.

This is what I have drawn to conclude this...

the front lights on 508gt are like this (picture in the attachment)

--

while what one has got in the CONFIG menu under LIGHTING submenu probably varies depending on what country you purchased your car in [OR in what mood the service guy were when they were playing with your car]. Quite possibly some of us can have more options to choose from in the config menu than the rest. This is what drives me mad, but I still don't have a proof from at least few trustworthy guys with the same version of car and more options in the menu...

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
My June 2012 508 SW GT (2.2ltr HDi) would appear to be the same as Mwyatt's, as I have the option to turn the daytime lights on or off in the configuration menu. I suspect that it's an option on Peugeots sold in the UK because daytime lights aren't compulsory here. I don't know what country MaoTheBig lives in but if daytime lights are a legal requirement there, then it would not be sensible to have the option to turn them off as doing so, inadvertently, could land you in trouble.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts