Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have ordered LED lights as an option, are they as good as the blurb states, got to wait till November before I find out:)

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
They are great when you are behind the steering wheel not so good when they are coming towards you though !!

·
Registered
509 Posts
They are great when you are behind the steering wheel not so good when they are coming towards you though !!
And let me guess... there is nothing more reliable than being able to pop down your local auto factors and buying an H7 bulb and being able to replace it in 5 minutes flat is there?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
So your justifying dazzling other drivers by the fact you dont need to buy bulbs !!!

I dont fancy the cost of replacing a whole led light unit in years to come thats for sure :)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I thought the units were serviceable, and the LED's could be replaced. Why would you need to replace the whole headlight unit?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I have xenons on my current C4 Grand Picasso. Does anyone know how they compare? The xenons on the B78 C4GP are quite low output and didn't require auto levelling or headlamp washers, although they are directional and very usefully swivel from left to right when driving.

I'm hoping the LED headlights will be good. I'm sure I read that the output increases over a certain speed (68mph)?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Think they are supposed to last the lifetime of the car, I doubt you could change individual leds, guessing it is a sealed unit.

·
Registered
509 Posts
So your justifying dazzling other drivers by the fact you dont need to buy bulbs !!!

I dont fancy the cost of replacing a whole led light unit in years to come thats for sure
No, not at all but I also don't claim to have better knowledge than the UK road law on maximum headlight height and brightness. If it was deemed to be excessive in either of those areas it wouldn't be road legal and Peugeot wouldn't be putting the cars on the road. It's the same for some high output Halogen bulbs as they too may not be road legal.

You have claimed on numerous occasions that you prefer old cars yet time and time again you continue to try push your views on us all here in a new car section of a forum. We all have warranties on our new cars so nobody should be paying for a replacement headlight in the near future and even when/if there is need for a new headlight there is a high likely hood that the price of LED headlight units will drop as they become more and more mainstream in the next few years anyway. LED lights in general are already becoming cheaper and cheaper.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Point im making is simply that modern car headlights are becoming rediculously bright and there is actually NO LAW regulating brightness so as for being road legal you can genuinely go as bright as you want !!

There will come a point soon when everyone is blinded by everyone elses lights its getting stupid

I have 10 year old lights that are perfectly fine for me to see in the dark without even resorting to high beam i just dont see the need for superbright LED lighting if you genuinely NEED these lights then your eyes need tested.

Its ok in 20 years time everyone will be blind :)

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Point im making is simply that modern car headlights are becoming rediculously bright and there is actually NO LAW regulating brightness so as for being road legal you can genuinely go as bright as you want !!

There will come a point soon when everyone is blinded by everyone elses lights its getting stupid

I have 10 year old lights that are perfectly fine for me to see in the dark without even resorting to high beam i just dont see the need for superbright LED lighting if you genuinely NEED these lights then your eyes need tested.

Its ok in 20 years time everyone will be blind :)
An old thread but relevant to the last post, is this article by Honest John: https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/d...campaign monitor&utm_term=Read the full story

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Not to worry, once enough eople have been killed or seriously injured due to accidents caused by drivers being blinded temporarily by ridiculously bright headlights something will be done. If you can't see properly when it's dark there are one of three problems in my view.
#1; Your lights are misaligned or not working properly.
#2; Your night vision is poor.
#3; You are driving too fast.

Car makers have create a market for stupidly bright headlamps, and lots of the car buying public have been taken in by the illusion of enhanced safety, or possibly just an I'm all right, it isn't illegal ,so [email protected]@K you attitude.

Roger.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I can live with the LED headlights being fitted to most new cars these days. Although they are bright when heading towards you. After all, my tamed antichrist has them in her 3008. Besides her's look like dragon's eyes!!
It's those stupid aftermarket HID bulbs these idiots put in their cars (usually a Golf or Audi) and then think their clever.
There's a good example of "I'm all right, it isn't illegal ,so [email protected]@K you attitude" Rusty is talking about. It really p+sses me off that the plod let them get away with it!! They ARE illegal!!

Grumpy.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts