Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the LED headlights on the 2018+ GT-Line standard or do they have any the additional features?

Lots of LED systems these-days have pitch/level adjust for when at speed, or projection of additional light beam when turning or indicating etc (some have a single fog light come on, some have additional LED's come on to light a wider angle - that kinda thing)

I haven't noticed anything like this on the 308 apart from the auto-full beam function. Are they just fixed LED headlights? I don't even notice auto levelling on them which i found strange!

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
My 308 has auto levelling. Easily checked, no manual adjustment on the dash. Also lights remain at the correct level no matter what loading.

There is a manual height adjustment on each headlight to tweak a little.

·
Registered
117 Posts
They are easily the best headlamps I've had on a car. I think they are just self-levelling and don't include things like built in corner lights or fog lamps like some of the fancy audi ones. But - they are so good they don't need it!

The separate LEDs for the DRL's do date the look of them though.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Interesting that a new report has come out about people being "blinded" by the new lights around. It's from the RAC. But when you actually read it, most are complaining about drivers not dipping their lights.
I've certainly never had anyone flash me or complain. I also use the car regularly in France, again never had a problem thanks to the flat dip pattern.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a manual height adjustment on each headlight to tweak a little.
I didn't know this. I do a lot of higher speed driving and would benefit from longer reach on motorways etc. Can this easily be done? And is it still legal for UK roads? I knew there was no level adjust inside the vehicle which made me think there was some sort of auto-levelling.

My previous car had projection LED headlights similar to the 308, but they were adaptive of sorts. Very bright to the point I'm surprised they were permitted under RVCUR tbh! People would often flash me thinking i was still on main beam when I wasn't.

I think the low speed/urban (up to 40mph) spread of the 308 lights are good. The auto main beam is good too. I feel the dipped beam could do with projecting a little farther ahead at speed above 40mph though.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Well if yours is the same as mine.....

Look at the top of the headlights and towards the outer end at the back you should see a white plastic hex socket. Use an allen key to adjust the height. This will also alter the main beam settings of course.
Just park on level ground at night and make sure you can still see the top of the cut off on the road ahead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts