Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have just put two led 501 bulbs in my interior lights , they light up fine but they glow very dimly whilst the car is running and when you turn everything off they still glowing dimly .
About 50 seconds later there is a click in the glove box fuse box and they go out !
There are no warning lights on !

Is this common ?
Does it matter ?

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Are they canbus ones?.
I have canbus error free ones in all my interior lights (courtesy, maps,,glovebox and boot) apart from the 4 puddle lights. The puddle lights glow dimly, the others don't.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I fitted some in the wifes megane 225 and they do the same...i assume they will work at very low voltages?
Yep, so low a normal bulb won't light up but an LED will.

I did have some LED sidelights but although they made the car look awesome, they also made my other normal filament bulbs look sheeite.
I changed them for Phillips extreme vision 501s, which are actually white and match my other front bulbs.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I fitted some white sidelights to the meg as it has factory fitted xenons (the original sidelights looked yellow) got scars on me hands from that job lol.

Im half tempted to upgrade my headlamps to hid's and sidelights the same.

C

·
0 Posts
I think they light because the car sends a small voltage round the car to check if any bulbs etc are missing / blown its just high enough to light a led bulb but not a normal bulb I had similar issues with LEDs on several cars with bulb out warning systems :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts