Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 307cc

my LED side lights and number plates arent working on my 307cc there is no power feed to the number plate lights and I have changed the bulbs the LED lights flash twice and go out has anyone any suggestions?

·
Registered
906 Posts
Dunk manc said:
Hello I have a 307cc

my LED side lights and number plates arent working on my 307cc there is no power feed to the number plate lights and I have changed the bulbs the LED lights flash twice and go out has anyone any suggestions?
have you checked the fuse? may be a broken wire or bad earth..

·
Registered
50 Posts
pretty sure both side lights and rear numberplate lights are on seprate fuses, I know on my 2002 307 fuse 22 in the glovebox is for the passanger side side light/number plate lights, and i think the drivers side is on with the interior light so check thats working if it's both sides out, will show that it's the fuse gone.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
with the leds as sidelights do you mean they flash as soon as you turn them on then do not work again? (as in burn out) if so you need to fit a resistor on the circuit for the led as too much current is getting through. just an idea.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
307cc led lights and number plate lights not working

cck2k9 said:
with the leds as sidelights do you mean they flash as soon as you turn them on then do not work again? (as in burn out) if so you need to fit a resistor on the circuit for the led as too much current is getting through. just an idea.
Hi there so what you are basically saying s that the number plate lights are acting as resistors in the circuit if that circuit is brocken the side light LEDs shut down because there is to much current going through them?

Cheers
Dunk

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
nope. sorry if i had wrote it to sound like that.

basically the amount of current to power LED's is small compared to powering normal bulbs. the amount getting of current going through the sidelight leds maybe too much and blowing them. to fix this you will need to install an inline resistor.

im sure the circuit is in parrellel so if 1 thing goes the others are still serviceable. but not too sure if the sidelights and numberplate lights are on the same circuit, but would make sense as they come on at the same time as the sidelights.

to test try putting normal bulbs back in the sidelights and see if everything works. if they do, resistor it is, if not something more sinister such as fuses, connections etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
led lights now fixed on 307cc thanks to everyone

cck2k9 said:
nope. sorry if i had wrote it to sound like that.

basically the amount of current to power LED's is small compared to powering normal bulbs. the amount getting of current going through the sidelight leds maybe too much and blowing them. to fix this you will need to install an inline resistor.

im sure the circuit is in parrellel so if 1 thing goes the others are still serviceable. but not too sure if the sidelights and numberplate lights are on the same circuit, but would make sense as they come on at the same time as the sidelights.

to test try putting normal bulbs back in the sidelights and see if everything works. if they do, resistor it is, if not something more sinister such as fuses, connections etc.
Hiya
it was a brocken wire to the number plate lights behind the bumper apparently if the number plate lights don't work the LED's won't either so it kind of looks like the number plate lights do somthing in the circuit whether or not they act as a resistor in the circuit I don't know but with them working the LED's work fine very wierd system that peugeot use i would say.

If you have a 307cc I wouldnt bump the back bumper on a low wall as it seems to break the wiring going to the number plate lights.

thanks again

Duncan

·
Registered
906 Posts
Dunk manc said:
Hiya
it was a brocken wire to the number plate lights behind the bumper apparently if the number plate lights don't work the LED's won't either so it kind of looks like the number plate lights do somthing in the circuit whether or not they act as a resistor in the circuit I don't know but with them working the LED's work fine very wierd system that peugeot use i would say.

If you have a 307cc I wouldnt bump the back bumper on a low wall as it seems to break the wiring going to the number plate lights.

thanks again

Duncan
interesting, thought a broken wire would be the culprit but now this explains why my LED number plate lights were dimming and then flashing???

so are you saying that they wont work on number plate lights??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Scotcruz said:
interesting, thought a broken wire would be the culprit but now this explains why my LED number plate lights were dimming and then flashing???

so are you saying that they wont work on number plate lights??
I don't know! my number plate lights were normal 501 type bulbs, the rear tail lights were the LED's. it seems i bumped my rear bumper on a low wall and the wires were sheared by the bumper that is why the rear tail light LED's wouldn't work because the number plate lights were taken out of the circuit.

the same happens if a number plate light blows, one side of the tail lights go out depending which plate light goes out .

or do you mean you have used LED's in place of the normal bulbs? that might cause a problem in the circuit!

hope i explained that correctly?

Dunk

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've got LED number plate bulbs in my 307 HDI, when I got the car one had blown, drivers side but my side lights etc still worked when this had blown. When changing them the bit where the bulb pushes into was too big so the bulb wasn't sitting right and not work, I closed them with a pair of long nose pliers (SP?) and blew a fuse, that took number plate light out on passanger side aswell as side lights on the passanger side.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rear side light and number plate light not working

I've had the same problem. It's just the number plate bulb blowing that causes the problem. Replace the number plate bulb and it's all good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts