Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
765 Posts
Is alcantara available as an option?.
I haven't seen it for UK cars, but I have seen it in european videos. So anybody's guess what will be available in OZ??

Never been a fan of it myself. Back in the day when I used to smoke, and used to smoke in my car(yeah I know it's awful), I burned a few holes in my Audi TT's alcantera seats as it doesn't cope well with high temperatures, ie it melts as it's just plastic based.

· Registered
420 Posts
I don't know what you mean by plastic based, but the trims below GT-Line have some kind of cloth seats with leather sides (like any normal car), with (I assume fake) leather as option. The GT-Line have the same cloth seats as standard, but with Nappa leather as option.

· Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know what you mean by plastic based, but the trims below GT-Line have some kind of cloth seats with leather sides (like any normal car), with (I assume fake) leather as option. The GT-Line have the same cloth seats as standard, but with Nappa leather as option.
Plastic as in synthetic.

· Registered
765 Posts
Alcantara is 65% polyester 35% polyurethane. Despite claims it doesn't wear anything near as well as well looked after leather.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.