Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my 407 for a fortnight now. To start with the glow plugs were bust; I had the "glow plugs or relay" fault and a regen fault. Both have now disappeared.

The only inkling I get that it's regenerating is that the instantaneous MPG readout plummets and it feels a bit sluggish. Nothing definite. I wish it would put up a message to tell you.

Anyway, here's what the parameter measurements look like. I think it's before and after the first regen. What do you think?

At that rate, it should be enough for 300 visits to the petrol station -- and I only went 200 times over 8 years in my 406! And I think that's ml and not litres.

What's a normal distance between regens? Since every tank of fuel is dosed it must be expecting to do it at least once per fill, say 600 miles (960 km).

Normal driving is two fairly gentle 10 mile commutes on rural but busy A-road, with intermittent motorway runs that push me up to about 20k/year.

Attachments

·
Registered
741 Posts
Twice on average, yeah.
I assume the DPF has been on a while (the 'time since replacement' stops counting at ~65000km) and just fills up easily, but it doesn't cause problems so I'm leaving it alone.

·
5,879 Posts
regen frequency has no affect on fluid usage this is based on number of tank fills only. The key to make the fluid last is to always fill tank when refuelling and wait till low fuel alarm before refilling.

Every time fuel cap is removed for >1min a fixed quantity of additive is inject into fuel tank, therefore if you only put £10.00 in at a time you can empty the tank in less than 30K. There is a warning about this in handbook

·
Registered
496 Posts
Can you please tell me how you got into this live data on planet? I am a planet newbie learner and would like to test mine out as above too.

Many Thanks

Wayne

1 - 8 of 8 Posts