Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I've a leak that collects in my spare wheel well. Anyone got any ideas about where is a common problem with a 307 hatch please.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
i found mine to be the seals around the rear lights.

my wheel well was full up so it was drowning in.

took the lights out dried the seals up (used a hairdryer and got some clear gasket on both sides not had a drop since

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it wasn't the light clusters. Although they were dirty and blocked I looked a bit deeper and found that the leak was coming through the top of the tailgate, the panels were poorly aligned when welded just below the plastic inserts in the roof and they had a lip, the seal goes all over the boot was letting in water underneath, along the lip inside the v of the seal all the way down the bottom into the spare wheel well. Some clear fernox jointing compound smoothed the gap in the panel and it's dry as a bone.
Thanks for the tips though. Hope this helps someone with a phantom leak.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
job done

I can only guess that the rear lights blew when the towbar connector blocks were immersed in water, I simply replaced the bulbs and they seem to be OK now, used some wynns egr3 and the car sailed through an MOT after the antipollution fault went away. probably going to go for a remap and delete anyways......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts