Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 2007 307sw HDI model with 1.6l engine and have an issue with an injector leak. I can see where the diesel is leaking out at the base of the injector furthest to the right.

I noticed this a while back and didn't have any issues until recently when I would start it in the morning, it wouldn't stay idling and when I would push the accelerator it would die. Also lots of white smoke out of the tailpipe and a little from the injector area. Usually after about 10 mins of trying to get it started it would start up as usual. This would happen about once per week.

Now, I can't get it to start at all and suspect that the injector seal needs to be replaced?

I was going to look at it myself, but got all the way until the last 2 allen bolts holding in the injector and it won't come out. There are still 2 Torx type bolts there, but it looks like these are not holding it down? I didn't force it and just left as is, still not sure how to remove it completely.

Also, would the injector leak cause a "Depollution" error?

Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you undo the 2 torx type studs (E6 socket) they help to pull the injector out, I doubt the leak would cause a de pollution fault but you never know with the 1.6 hdi. A session on pp2000 is needed really, if you post your location someone might have pp2000 near you.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hello,

I have a 2007 307sw HDI model with 1.6l engine and have an issue with an injector leak. I can see where the diesel is leaking out at the base of the injector furthest to the right.

I noticed this a while back and didn't have any issues until recently when I would start it in the morning, it wouldn't stay idling and when I would push the accelerator it would die. Also lots of white smoke out of the tailpipe and a little from the injector area. Usually after about 10 mins of trying to get it started it would start up as usual. This would happen about once per week.

Now, I can't get it to start at all and suspect that the injector seal needs to be replaced?

I was going to look at it myself, but got all the way until the last 2 allen bolts holding in the injector and it won't come out. There are still 2 Torx type bolts there, but it looks like these are not holding it down? I didn't force it and just left as is, still not sure how to remove it completely.

Also, would the injector leak cause a "Depollution" error?

Thanks!

Well a good trick to help remove an injector is to actually start the engine, let it run and undo the bolt holding the faulty injector by half a turn and let the pressure of the firing cylinder help push the injector up and out and just keep repeating until its ready to be removed by tool.

Think I read that on here somewhere :thumb:

Of course you have to have it running for this to help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help guys!

Would an injector that leaks at the base be the cause of the engine not staying running and dying out? Or am I looking at a bad injector that needs a replacement?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts