Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everytime it rains, the floor of the passengerside is soaking wet. Anyone else got that problem? And what did you do about it? :confused:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Okay. That’s a positive as they can let water in around the rear light clusters/high level brake light which works it’s way along the floor into the rear seat cushion.

Chances are your door seals aren’t as good as they once were. From what I understand there is an additional rubber door seal that Peugeot introduced to reduce water ingress through the door seals. You can probably get fitted at your local dealership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
It may be that you could fit it yourself I think they simply bond in place. Shouldn’t take more than ten minutes. I’ve not had them fitted to ours but my neighbour who works for the local dealer told me about them when we first got the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine does that too,but I recently got a new tyre, and when I got the spare out,there.eas about a half inch of water in the bottom of the spare Tyre compartment,so I took out the little rubber plugs and then the water went, but as someone said,I'm sure it's coming in from the high up backlight but as you say, nothing seems to be working,as I changed the door seal! And still puddes??? It was so bad I had to have welding done because of the leak!! To pass it's not,and it's due again soon,soon dreading this one,bit other than that it's fine!!!!!

·
6,467 Posts
There is a known weak spot for water ingress via the rear lights. It happened on my wifes 107. I took the clusters out and used some diy rubber stick on draft excluder to form an additional seal.

Early model front door seals were also poor at sealing dealers retro fitted an additional seal to the top of the window frame before they changed the seal design.

I looked everywhere for the additional seal but could never identify a part number so I ended up putting a small bead of clear silicone on the top edge of the doors to finally stop leaks

·
Registered
105 Posts
i have a 17 plate 308 bluehdi 120 s/s,i acquired the car from a main dealer, after a few month's of ownership i noticed water on the carpet,front passenger side i took the car back, after them inspecting it, it was a membrane inside the door panel it was replaced under warranty about 6 month's ago & has been ok since.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts