1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
54 Posts
Never thought about it tbh, don't think I would use one personally apart from the hassle I would think it could end up blowing dust and grit into thos crevices you are trying to dry

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Not my cup-of-tea but that does not mean it's great for someone else.
I'm a bit fastidious when it comes to a clean car and do use my clay bars over polish.
The last piece of kit I therefore would use is a leaf-blower.
I can just picture the scene ~ I've spent the best part of two hours with the clay and after washing everything down I pick up a leaf-blower, only to find I have sprayed the vehicle with untold particles which I have spent the last two hours eliminating.

My cheap method is to tuck the odd bit of kitchen roll in crevices where I know water will run once my back is turned. :)

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I've used a leaf blower also (36V version)......it's simply blowing the ambient air as opposed to reverse air from a vacuum cleaner........or take it for a good drive after washing.
I'm not that fastidious obviously :lol:

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is nothing to be afraid to use a blower to dry a vehicle. I have seen it and used it some time back. It never throws small particles on to the paint work. Nothing to worry. It is easy and quick if you have right capacity and velocity blower. for better results you needs to have your car waxed properly.

The main reason Which I consider this is, When i Parked my car after driving in rain till next day, the remaining rain drops makes water patch marks which difficult to remove later. You cannot wipe it, since the small particles and debris deposited on the paint work will create scratches. If I use a blower soon after I park my vehicle under a shade (after driving in the rain), to drain out the water, it will not make any water patches.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
It is nothing to be afraid to use a blower to dry a vehicle. I have seen it and used it some time back. It never throws small particles on to the paint work. Nothing to worry. It is easy and quick if you have right capacity and velocity blower. for better results you needs to have your car waxed properly.

The main reason Which I consider this is, When i Parked my car after driving in rain till next day, the remaining rain drops makes water patch marks which difficult to remove later. You cannot wipe it, since the small particles and debris deposited on the paint work will create scratches. If I use a blower soon after I park my vehicle under a shade (after driving in the rain), to drain out the water, it will not make any water patches.
You remind me of the reason I got rid of my blue/grey 406.
Water marks in the paint AND glass that I couldn't get rid of.
I had the feeling there was no depth of quality back then.......the 308 is vastly better.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Or you could hide the car in the garage under a dust sheet so it never needs cleaning.

Tongue in cheek response so please don't take offense :)

I'm not as fastiduous as you guys seem to be with detailing cars but then again I've never bought a brand new car so my cars have already got the swirl marks and little scratches by the time I get my hands on them. I've always gone with a clean soft chamois to dry the car off after washing and rinsing.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I'm thinking to buy Battery operated leaf blower, when i receive my 3008, to dry a wet car (after wasing and after driving in rain). Does anyone in this forum use leaf blower to dry your car. If does any recommendations please. I'm considering following ryobi model;

Ryobi 155 MPH 300 CFM 40-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Jet Fan Blower

Ryobi Reconditioned 155 MPH 300 CFM 40-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Jet Fan Blower-ZRRY40411 - The Home Depot

You can't be serious !!:lol:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I'm not afraid to be logical - air blasting is the car wash norm isn't it?.:thumb:

·
Registered
495 Posts
Most people agree that with the stuff that is in our water now that after washing the car some residue and water marks will be left behind , that is why i dry my car completely with a Kent Extra Large Microfibre Drying Towel , this leaves it perfectly dry and shiny :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Most people agree that with the stuff that is in our water now that after washing the car some residue and water marks will be left behind , that is why i dry my car completely with a Kent Extra Large Microfibre Drying Towel , this leaves it perfectly dry and shiny :rolleyes:
Nice.... I think I'll get a couple myself
Found it on Amazon U.K. for £5.99 ~ https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kent-Q6100-Extra-Microfibre-Drying/dp/B0030B9U6Q
Amazon U.K. also sell them in a bundle of 2x for £10.30 ~ https://www.amazon.co.uk/EXTRA-MICROFIBRE-VALETING-CLEANING-DRYING/dp/B00BBU4DBA
The Range sell them for £3.99 ~ https://www.therange.co.uk/cooking-...drying-towel?gclid=CKuo9PSPx9QCFUqx7QodsYgEig
I also note AutoExpress gave the product 5 Stars when reviewed March 2016 ~ Kent Extra Large Microfibre Drying Towel | Microfibre cloths and car drying towels: 2016 group test | Auto Express

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
The water here leaves really nasty white spots all over the car, and they are not easy to remove once dried. It's particularly difficult in weather like this, where the roof, bonnet and glass dry with the heat before you get a chance to dry them.
I hose the car down to start with, then use a good quality detergent with wax, then hose off again. Finally, I give the wife and daughter a large microfibre cloth each, and the three of us work round the car drying it as quickly as possible. Did this on Friday, and from start to finish it took 35 minutes. I much prefer microfiber cloths to chamois leather, and they are good at getting any water marks off too. I feel a leaf blower would just dry the water and leave white marks all over.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Nice.... I think I'll get a couple myself
Found it on Amazon U.K. for £5.99 ~ https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kent-Q6100-Extra-Microfibre-Drying/dp/B0030B9U6Q
Amazon U.K. also sell them in a bundle of 2x for £10.30 ~ https://www.amazon.co.uk/EXTRA-MICROFIBRE-VALETING-CLEANING-DRYING/dp/B00BBU4DBA
The Range sell them for £3.99 ~ https://www.therange.co.uk/cooking-...drying-towel?gclid=CKuo9PSPx9QCFUqx7QodsYgEig
I also note AutoExpress gave the product 5 Stars when reviewed March 2016 ~ Kent Extra Large Microfibre Drying Towel | Microfibre cloths and car drying towels: 2016 group test | Auto Express
Yes Beards , and read the reviews about it ..magic !

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
I find microfibre cloths don't live up to the hype regardless of how expensive they are. A good quality chamois will dry the car nicely and as long as you keep it clean and don't allow it to get bone dry will last for years. As long as there is no grease on the windows there is nothing better for cleaning glass than a good leather which is why window cleaners still use them despite all the new materials that are in fashion thee days.

Not all new items are an improvement on the tried and tested ones. But it's each to their own and you use whatever you feel works best for you. With me it's a chammy for others it's a trendy microfibre towel :)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
The wife uses newspaper to dry the windows of the house. Just wipes them with a cloth, then dries them with the newspaper. Does a good job, although I've yet to try it on the glass in the car. Re Chamois leathers. I got fed up with little bits coming off them. The last one I bought was hanging on the clothes airer to dry, and the dog eat it!!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok. Back to the topic. Immediately after washing a car can be dried with chamois or Microfiber cloth or water blade (I currently use Autoglym HI-TECH AQUA-DRY -
type of chamois, at the moment and it is better than HI-TECH MICROFIBRE DRYING TOWEL). But my main issue is not that, non of these can be used when the vehicle drive in the rain and needs to park over night. Stain marks will be remained after water drops dried. Due to the engine heat front bonnet will dry very quickly and create lot of water stains. these stain marks hard to remove during washing. Only option is have to use non-touch method like air dry to drain out the water. I lives in the tropics and have abundance of raining. The leaf blower type dryer would be ideal for such case and before you park the vehicle simply blow dry 5 to 10 minutes, which will drain all the water (not the dust and other debris which can only be removed during washing). Main things to consider are leaf blower needs to have sufficient velocity and capacity air output, easy to handle, and quality of wax.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts